Queen’s Park: Minister’s Schedules and Events
- 7:30 a.m. – Mississauga: Environment Minister Rod Phillips will speak at a Mississauga Board of Trade breakfast event.
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto: Greg Rickford, minister of energy, northern development and mines and minister of Indigenous affairs, will make an announcement.
Queen’s Park: Chamber Business
- Second Reading of Bill 74, An Act concerning the provision of health care, continuing Ontario Health and making consequential and related amendments and repeals. Hon. Ms. Elliott.
Orders of the Day
Government Notice of Motion Number 32
Mr. Smith (Bay of Quinte) — That, pursuant to Standing Order 47 and notwithstanding any other Standing Order or Special Order of the House relating to Bill 68, An Act with respect to community safety and policing, that the Standing Committee on Justice Policy be authorized to meet on Thursday, March 7, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for public hearings on the Bill; and
That the Clerk of the Committee, in consultation with the Committee Chair, be authorized to arrange the following with regard to Bill 68:
· That the deadline for requests to appear be 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2019; and
· That the Clerk of the Committee provide a list of all interested presenters to each member of the Sub-committee and their designate following the deadline for requests to appear by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2019; and
· That, each member of the Sub-committee or their designate provide the Clerk of the Committee with a prioritized list of presenters to be scheduled, chosen from the list of all interested presenters received by the Clerk, by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 2019; and
· That each witness will receive up to eight minutes for their presentation followed by twelve minutes divided equally amongst the recognized parties for questioning; and
That the deadline for filing written submissions be 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 7, 2019; and
That the deadline for filing amendments to the Bill with the Clerk of the Committee shall be 12:00 noon on Tuesday, March 12, 2019; and
That the Standing Committee on Justice Policy shall be authorized to meet on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill; and
That on Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 5:30 p.m., those amendments which have not yet been moved shall be deemed to have been moved, and the Chair of the Committee shall interrupt the proceedings and shall, without further debate or amendment, put every question necessary to dispose of all remaining sections of the Bill and any amendments thereto. At this time, the Chair shall allow one 20-minute waiting period pursuant to Standing Order 129(a); and
That the Committee shall report the Bill to the House no later than Monday, March 25, 2019. In the event that the Committee fails to report the Bill on that day, the Bill shall be deemed to be passed by the Committee and shall be deemed to be reported to and received by the House; and
That, upon receiving the report of the Standing Committee on Justice Policy, the Speaker shall put the question for adoption of the report forthwith, and at such time the Bill shall be ordered for Third Reading, which Order may be called that same day; and
That, when the Order for Third Reading of the Bill is called, two hours of debate shall be allotted to the Third Reading stage of the Bill with fifty minutes allotted to Her Majesty’s Government; fifty minutes allotted to Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition; 10 minutes to the Independent Liberal Members, and 10 minutes to the Independent Green Member; and
That, notwithstanding Standing Order 81(c), the Bill may be called for Third Reading more than once in the same sessional day; and
That, in the case of any division relating to any proceedings on the Bill, the division bell shall be limited to 20 minutes. Filed February 28, 2019.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 9:00 a.m. – The Standing Committee on Government Agencies will meet to consider Intended Appointments.