Pathway Group is delighted to welcome Amanda Brodhagen to our team. Brodhagen will be working…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Sydney, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will make an announcement at New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation.
- 9:30 a.m. – Joliette, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, MP for Saint-Maurice—Champlain and Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will announce CED’s funding for Cryos Technologies.
- 9:30 a.m. – Kamloops, BC: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will highlight the work being done by the Shuswap Nation Tribal Council to help Indigenous people get the skills needed to secure good quality jobs.
- 10:00 a.m. – Inuvik, NT: MP Michael McLeod, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, will announce funding to support two clean energy projects in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- 10:00 a.m. – Peterborough, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Minister of International Development, will make an important announcement in support of survivors of gender-based violence in Peterborough.
- 10:00 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will make an announcement marking the first projects under the $153-million Digital Technology Supercluster.
- 10:30 a.m. – Joliette, QC: The Hon. François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Infrastructure and Communities will tour the Bridgestone Tire Factory.
- 10:30 a.m. – Windsor, ON: Minister McKenna will visit a family home in Windsor that has undergone energy-efficient renovations to help them save money and energy and will discuss the benefits of the Climate Action Incentive payment.
- 10:45 a.m. – Antigonish, NS: On behalf of the Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, Sean Fraser, Member of Parliament, will visit the Antigonish Women’s Resource Centre & Sexual Assault Services Association to make a funding announcement for a project that aims to prevent gender-based violence.
- 10:45 a.m. – Rivière-du-Loup, QC: An important announcement with the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, and Grand Chief Jacques Tremblay of Maliseet of Viger First Nation.
- 11:00 a.m. – Glace Bay, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will visit the Savoy Theatre.
- 11:00 a.m. – Saint Stephen, NB: Member of Parliament for New Brunswick Southwest, Karen Ludwig, on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, will make a green infrastructure announcement in Saint Stephen, New Brunswick.
- 11:45 a.m. – Glace Bay, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will visit the Miners Museum.
- 11:45 a.m. – Boucherville, QC: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will meet with workers and businesses in Quebec to discuss the benefits of the new NAFTA.
- 12:00 p.m. – Joliette, QC: The Hon. François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Infrastructure and Communities will address the Joliette Chamber of Commerce.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will be in Toronto to participate in a “Women Who Lead” panel discussion at the Empire Club of Canada’s International Women’s Day event.
- 12:20 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Steven MacKinnon, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Public Services and Procurement and Accessibility, will make an announcement concerning federal procurement at the closing of the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman’s Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Summit.
- 1:30 p.m. – Windsor, ON: Minister McKenna will hold a Town Hall and Media Availability with students from the University of Windsor to talk about Canada’s climate plan.
- 1:45 p.m. – Eskasoni, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will visit Eskasoni First Nation.
- 1:45 p.m. – Longueuil, QC: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will visit Lumenpulse and tour of the facility. During the visit she will discuss the benefits of the new NAFTA.
- 2:00 p.m. – Amqui, QC: Rémi Massé, Member of Parliament for Avignon–La Mitis–Matane–Matapédia and Parliamentary Secretary to the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will announce funding for the SErvice de Recherche et d’EXpertise en transformation des produits forestiers (SEREX).
- 2:30 p.m. – McMasterville, QC: The Hon. François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Infrastructure and Communities will celebrate the inauguration of an Exo project.
- 3:00 p.m. – Lunenburg, NS: The Honourable Bernadette Jordan, Minister of Rural Economic Development, will highlight the passage of Bill C-64: the Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act.
- 3:45 p.m. – McMasterville, QC: The Hon. François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Infrastructure and Communities will visit McMasterville’s municipal skating rink.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
10:30 a.m. – The Prime Minister will participate in an armchair discussion as part of the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada Convention.
2:45 p.m. – The Prime Minister will visit a Canadian Tire store to highlight how Saskatchewan residents can choose to use their Climate Action Incentive payments to save money at home.
- The House will resume on Monday, March 18th
- Committee meetings will resume on Monday, March 18th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for March 5 2019, click here