Queen’s Park: Minister’s Schedules and Events
- 9:15 a.m. – Toronto: Premier Kathleen Wynne to make an announcement alongside Minister Peter Milczyn. Charles Hastings Co-Op Housing Inc.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto: Ontario NDP leader Andrea Horwath unveils the NDP’s GTHA platform.
- 9:30 a.m. – Vaughan: Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Transportation, will make an announcement in Vaughan. She will be joined by Steven Del Duca, MPP for Vaughan, Maurizio Bevilacqua, Mayor of Vaughan, and Francesco Sorbara, MP for Vaughan-Woodbridge.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto: Premier Wynne to deliver remarks at the Dutch flag raising in honour of Dutch Heritage Month at Queen’s Park.
- 12:00 p.m. – Timmins: Ford will make an announcement at a meet and greet.
- 12:15 p.m. – Toronto: Premier Wynne to attend a Caucus Meeting.
- 1:00 p.m. – Toronto: Daiene Vernile, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, will make an announcement. Ontario Place.
- 1:30 p.m. – Toronto: MPP Jennifer French introduces legislation to protect firefighter trainees. Media Studio, Queen’s Park.
- 2:00 p.m. – Dundas: Ontario NDP leader Horwath discusses her priorities for Hamilton.
- 5:30 p.m. – Sault Ste. Marie: Ford Rally for a Better Ontario.
- 6:00 p.m. – London: Ontario NDP leader Horwath hosts town hall focused on health care.
Queen’s Park: Chamber Business
- Chamber Business
- Government Notice of Motion Number 8
Mr. Naqvi — That, pursuant to Standing Order 47 and notwithstanding any other Standing Order or Special Order of the House relating to Bill 53, An Act respecting the establishment of minimum government contract wages, when the Bill is next called as a Government Order, the Speaker shall put every question necessary to dispose of the Second Reading stage of the Bill without further debate or amendment; and
At such time the Bill shall be ordered for Third Reading; and
That, when the Order for Third Reading of the Bill is called, 30 minutes of debate shall be allotted to the Third Reading stage of the Bill, apportioned equally among the recognized parties; and
That during this time, there shall be no motion for either adjournment of the debate or adjournment of the House permitted. At the end of this time, the Speaker shall interrupt the proceedings and shall put every question necessary to dispose of this stage of the Bill without further debate or amendment; and
That, notwithstanding Standing Order 81(c), the Bill may be called more than once in the same sessional day; and
The vote on Second and Third Reading may be deferred pursuant to Standing Order 28(h); and
That, in the case of any division relating to any proceedings on the Bill, the division bell shall be limited to 5 minutes.
- Opposition Day Number 4
Mr. Fedeli — Whereas, the Hydro One CEO is the highest paid hydro executive in Canada;
Whereas, the Hydro One CEO is paid more than ten times the salary of the head of Hydro Quebec;
Whereas, his compensation is over 6 million dollars a year; and
Whereas, the Hydro One board instituted a 10 million dollar severance clause to tie the hands of future governments;
Therefore, the Legislative Assembly calls on the government to reverse the changes to the Hydro One CEO’s severance and call for the resignation of the entire Hydro One board of directors.
Addressed to the Premier.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- Nothing scheduled