Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:00 a.m. – Dartmouth, NS: Darren Fisher, Member of Parliament for Dartmouth-Cole Harbour, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will make an announcement regarding a new product that will impact the aviation, law enforcement, military and transportation sectors.
- 10:00 a.m. – Miramachi, NB: The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, will officially inaugurate the Public Service Pay Centre in Miramichi, along with Pat Finnigan, Member of Parliament for Miramichi–Grand Lake, the Honourable Bill Fraser, Member of the Legislative Assembly for Miramichi, and His Worship Adam Lordon, Mayor of Miramichi.
- 10:00 a.m. – North Bay, ON: Anthony Rota, Member of Parliament for Nipissing—Timiskaming, will make an important FedNor announcement on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor. The announcement will help create middle-class jobs by helping Northern Ontario businesses innovate, expand and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- 10:00 a.m. – Sturgeon Falls, ON: Marc Serré, Member of Parliament for Nickel Belt, will make an important FedNor announcement tomorrow, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor. The announcement will help create jobs across Northern Ontario, while supporting the development and growth of key sectors of the regional economy.
- 10:00 a.m. – Edmonton, AB: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, and Randy Boissonnault, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre and the Prime Minister’s Special Advisor on LGBTQ2 issues, will make an important funding announcement related to women’s economic security.
- 11:00 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Member of Parliament for St. John’s South-Mount Pearl, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make an announcement related to innovation in the healthcare sector. Minister O’Regan will be joined by Ken McDonald, Member of Parliament for Avalon and Nick Whalen, Member of Parliament for St. John’s East.
- 11:00 a.m. – Greenwich, NS: The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board, together with fellow Nova Scotia members of Parliament, will make an announcement on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, about Connect to Innovate support for high-speed Internet service for Canadians living in rural and remote communities.
- 11:00 a.m. – Saguenay, QC: A press conference at which Richard Hébert, Member of Parliament for Lac-Saint-Jean, will announce financial support for Réseau Trans-Al, a key link in Quebec’s aluminum industry.
- 12:30 p.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour and Member of Parliament (Thunder Bay–Superior North), will be in Thunder Bay on Friday to make an announcement about the Government of Canada’s new Action Plan for Official Languages 2018–2023: Investing in Our Future.
- 1:00 p.m. – Oakville, ON: John Oliver, Member of Parliament for Oakville, will make an announcement about how the Government of Canada is helping newcomers have their foreign credentials recognized.
- 2:00 p.m. – Lacombe, AB: An important infrastructure event with the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Brian Mason, Alberta Minister of Transportation; Grant Creasey, Mayor of Lacombe; Richard Poole, Mayor of Blackfalds; Paula Law, Reeve of Lacombe County; and Tara Veer, Mayor of Red Deer.
- 7:00 p.m. – Montreal, QC: The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, will be in Montréal, Quebec, to deliver remarks and participate in a Q&A discussion at the Great Lakes Economic Forum 2018.
- The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport and Chair of the Cabinet Committee on Canada-United States relations, will travel to Cincinnati, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky on May 4 and 5 in order to continue the Government of Canada’s advocacy with our most important trading partner. While in Kentucky, the Minister will attend the Kentucky Derby as a guest of the United States Ambassador, Kelly Kraft. While at the Derby, Minister Garneau will engage with his counterpart, Transport Secretary Elaine Chao and her spouse, Senate Leader Mitch McConnell.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 10:45 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Prime Minister and the Prime Minister of Portugal, António Costa, will attend the Economic Club of Canada summit entitled “Canada-Portugal Economic Relations: Maximizing the Benefits of CETA.”
- 12:30 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Prime Minister will host an official lunch for the Prime Minister of Portugal and deliver remarks.
- 3:30 p.m. – Cambridge, ON: The Prime Minister will make an announcement at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) North Plant with the Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne.
- 6:45 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Prime Minister and the Prime Minister of Portugal will attend a reception hosted by the Consulate General of Portugal in coordination with LiUNA Local 183.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-48 (third reading) – Oil Tanker Moratorium Act
Private Members’ Business
- C-377 (concurrence at report stage) – An Act to change the name of the electoral district of Châteauguay—Lacolle
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities