Pathway Group is delighted to welcome Amanda Brodhagen to our team. Brodhagen will be working…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:45 a.m. – Dartmouth, NS: Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will tour the Sackville Heights Community Centre that offers activities for senior citizens.
- 9:00 a.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will visit the Nokiiwin Tribal Council, where she will make an announcement about Government of Canada measures to prevent workplace harassment and violence.
- 10:00 a.m. – Whitehorse, YT: An important infrastructure event with the Honourable Bernadette Jordan, Minister of Rural Economic Development; the Honourable Richard Mostyn, Yukon Minister of Highways and Public Works.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of International Development and Minister for Women and Gender Equality, accompanied by the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, will celebrate International Women’s Day by making an historic announcement in support of the women’s movement.
- 11:00 a.m. – Kahnawà:ke, QC: Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, and Member of Parliament for La Prairie, Jean-Claude Poissant, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, and Member of Parliament for Ville-Marie–Le Sud-Ouest–Île-des-Soeurs, Marc Miller, will announce a pilot project to improve the availability of information on maritime activity.
- 11:00 a.m. – Gibsons, BC: Pamela Goldsmith-Jones, Member of Parliament for West Vancouver–Sunshine Coast–Sea to Sky Country, will highlight how the Government of Canada is moving forward on its commitment to work in partnership with provinces and territories, communities and other stakeholders from the private and not-for-profit sectors to prevent and reduce homelessness.
- 12:00 p.m. – Bonavista, NL: Churence Rogers, Member of Parliament for Bonavista–Burin–Trinity, will make a funding announcement related to tourism development on the Bonavista Peninsula. MP Rogers will be joined by the Honourable Christopher Mitchelmore, Newfoundland and Labrador Minister of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation.
- 12:00 p.m. – Coquitlam, BC: The Honourable Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will attend the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce 2018 International Women’s Day event where she will meet with small business owners and entrepreneurs to share how the federal government is helping women entrepreneurs succeed.
- 1:00 p.m. – Halifax, NS: Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will tour and co-host a Fraud Prevention Month event at Edward L. Roach Centre for Living
- 3:45 p.m. – Dartmouth, NS: Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will have a meet and greet at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Halifax.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 9:30 a.m. The Prime Minister will deliver an official apology to Inuit for the federal government’s management of tuberculosis in the Arctic from the 1940s to the 1960s and will make an important announcement.
- 4:30 p.m. – The Prime Minister will participate in an International Women’s Day roundtable with How She Hustles.
- The House will resume on Monday, March 18th
- Committee meetings will resume on Monday, March 18th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for March 8 2019, click here