Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, along with the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs, will make important announcements for Inuit women and girls in Canada.
- 9:30 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: Jonathan Wilkinson, Member of Parliament for North Vancouver and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, will make an announcement on next steps in the Government of Canada’s work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and grow a clean economy.
- 9:45 a.m. – Montreal, QC: The Prime Minister will make an announcement with the Premier of Quebec, Philippe Couillard, the Mayor of Montréal and President of the Montréal Metropolitan Community, Denis Coderre, and the President and CEO of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Michael Sabia.
- 10:00 a.m. – Richibucto, NB: An important infrastructure event with the Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, and Member of Parliament for Beauséjour, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Donald Arseneault, Minister of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour and Minister Responsible for the Regional Development Corporation; and Roger Doiron, Mayor of Richibucto.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, will announce a significant investment in the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 on behalf of the Government of Canada. He will be joined by Michael Burns, CEO, Invictus Games Toronto 2017, Wolfgang Hoffman, President, Jaguar Land Rover Canada, and a Team Canada athlete.
- 12:15 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Finance Minister Bill Morneau will participate in a townhall discussion at the 4th Annual Canada 2020 Conference. The event is open to media and will be broadcast via Facebook Live at facebook.com/canada2020
- 1:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will make an announcement on next steps in the Government of Canada’s work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and grow a clean economy.
- 1:00 p.m. – Orillia, ON: An important infrastructure event with Marc Miller, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Ann Hoggarth, Member of Provincial Parliament for Barrie; and His Worship Steve Clarke, Mayor of the City of Orillia.
- 1:40 p.m. – Montreal, QC: The Prime Minister will visit a food-kit building event hosted by the humanitarian organization Islamic Relief Canada.
- 2:00 p.m. – Shelburne, NS: Bernadette Jordan, Member of Parliament for South Shore-St Margaret’s, will make an announcement on protection for the marine environment.
Parliament Hill Calendar: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 10:00 a.m. today
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-50 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Canada Elections Act (political financing)
- C-49 (second reading) – Transportation Modernization Act
- C-51 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Criminal Code and the Department of Justice Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act
Private Members’ Business
- C-311 (third reading) – An Act to amend the Holidays Act (Remembrance Day)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 8:00 a.m. – SREG: Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. – FEWO: Economic Security of Women in Canada
- 8:45 a.m. – OGGO: Changes to the Communications Policy
- 8:45 a.m. – FOPO: The Oceans Act’s Marine Protected Areas and Subject Matter of Supplementary Estimates (A) 2017-18
- 8:45 a.m. – FAAE: Canada’s Development Finance Initiative
- 8:45 a.m. – INDU: Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer
- 8:45 a.m. – INAN: Bill S-3, An Act to amend the Indian Act
- 9:00 a.m. – REGS: Review of Statutory Instruments
- 11:00 a.m. – HESA: Antimicrobial Resistance and Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – AGRI: Briefing on the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) Situation in Canada
- 11:00 a.m. – PROC: Review of Standing Orders, procedure and practice of the House; Chief Electoral Officer’s report – Recommendations Following the 42nd General Election; and, Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – TRAN: Aviation Safety
- 1:15 p.m. – LIAI: Committee Business
- 3:15 p.m. – CIIT: Priorities of Canadian Stakeholders in Bilateral and Trilateral Trade in North America
- 3:30 p.m. – NDDN: Canada’s Involvement in NATO
- 3:30 p.m. – CHPC: Canadian Women and Girls in Sport
- 3:30 p.m. – ETHI: Privacy of Canadians at Airports, Borders and Travelling in the United States
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities