skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of International Trade Diversification, will discuss new opportunities created by the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). This event will be an opportunity for Minister Carr to showcase how the CPTPP and Canada’s trade diversification strategy can help Canadian businesses, entrepreneurs and would-be exporters expand into dynamic markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
- 9:00 a.m. – Calgary, AB: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport, will highlight major investments in the Canada Research Chairs Program to attract and retain the world’s best and brightest research talent at universities in Alberta. She will be joined by new and renewed Canada Research Chairs at the University of Calgary for the announcement.
- 9:00 a.m. – Richmond, BC: The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make an announcement concerning funding for assessment and removal of abandoned boats.
- 9:30 a.m. – London, ON: – On behalf of the Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Federal Minister of Health, Peter Fragiskatos, Member of Parliament, will announce federal support for gender-based violence prevention.
- 10:00 a.m. – Regina, SK: The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Indigenous Services, alongside Chief Michael Starr from Star Blanket Cree Nation, will celebrate an Addition to Reserve for use by the First Nations University of Canada.
- 11:00 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: Nick Whalen, Member of Parliament for St. John’s East, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make a funding announcement related to tourism and economic development. MP Whalen will be joined by the Honourable Christopher Mitchelmore, Newfoundland and Labrador Minister of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation.
- 11:30 a.m. – Quebec, QC: The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will engage with regional tourism and travel industry experts at the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec. The Minister’s remarks will focus on the upcoming federal tourism strategy and how to unlock the full potential of tourism in Canada, including in Québec, and will highlight how this sector can create more good jobs to support middle-class families.
- 12:00 p.m. – Whitehorse, YT: Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, will attend the Arctic Indigenous Investment Conference and announce a new initiative to generate new opportunities for remote Indigenous communities through innovative clean energy projects to reduce reliance on diesel fuel.
- 12:45 p.m. – Abbotsford, BC: Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, François-Philippe Champagne, will participate in a roundtable discussion with the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce and stakeholders from the business community
- 1:00 p.m. – Headingley, MB: Canada’s Minister of Rural Economic Development, Bernadette Jordan, will make an important infrastructure announcement. She will be joined by the Honourable Ron Schuler, Minister of Infrastructure for Manitoba.
- 1:00 p.m. – Vancouver, BC: The Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will attend a networking event with the United Way of the Lower Mainland, where she will announce how the Government of Canada is improving social inclusion and supporting community-based services for seniors in British Columbia.
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: Yasmin Ratansi, Member of Parliament for Don Valley East, will make an important announcement to support innovative technology in the medical field.
- 2:15 p.m. – Abbotsford, BC: Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, François-Philippe Champagne, will tour the construction site of the Fraser River Sanitary Crossing Siphon with MP of Mission—Matsqui—Fraser Canyon, Jati Sidhu.
- 3:00 p.m. – Selkirk, MB: Canada’s Minister of Rural Economic Development, Bernadette Jordan, will make an important infrastructure announcement. She will be joined by the Honourable Jeff Wharton, Minister of Municipal Relations for Manitoba.
- Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will travel to Brussels from February 13-14 to participate in the NATO Defence Ministers’ Meeting. Following the NATO ministerial, Minister Sajjan will travel to Munich, from February 15-16, to meet his defence counterparts from the top 13 military contributing nations to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS and to attend the annual Munich Security Conference, a global forum focused on defence and security related issues. During his time in Europe, the Minister will hold bilateral and multilateral meetings with Allies, partners, and officials.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 2:00 p.m. – Sudbury, ON: The Prime Minister will tour the Maley Drive Extension site to highlight the roadway improvement infrastructure project.
- The House is adjourned until Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- 1:00 p.m. – JUS – Meeting Requested by Four Members of the Committee to discuss their request to study reports of political interference in a criminal prosecution by the PMO.
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for February 13 2019, click here