Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:30 am Miramichi, NB Pat Finnigan, Member of Parliament for Miramichi–Grand Lake, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Bill Fraser, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure, who is also minister responsible for the Regional Development Corporation and minister responsible for Intergovernmental Affairs; His Worship Adam Lordon, Mayor of Miramichi; and Norm Brown, President of Miramichi Cross Country Ski Club will attend infrastructure event.
- 11:00 am Notre-Dame-des-Bois, PQ, David Birnbaum, MNA for D’Arcy-McGee and Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister responsible for Higher Education, Ghislain Bolduc, MNA for Mégantic, acting on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Deputy Premier, Minister of the Economy, Science and Innovation, and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy, and the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Member of Parliament for Compton–Stanstead and Minister of International Development, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), and the Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport, will make an announcement regarding the Mont-Mégantic Observatory. Guy Breton, Rector, University of Montreal; Eugénie Brouillet, Vice-Rector, Research, Creation and Innovation, Laval University; and René Doyon, Director of the Mont-Mégantic Observatory and of the Institute for Research on Exoplanets (iREx) and full professor in the physics department at the University of Montreal, will also be present at the press conference.
- 9:30 am Riverside-Albert, NB Alaina Lockhart, Member of Parliament for Fundy Royal, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; The Honourable Cathy Rogers, Minister of Finance; and Jim Campbell, Mayor of Riverside-Albert will attend an infrastructure event.
- 9:45 am MATANE, PQ – The Honorable Marc Garneau, Federal Minister of Transport, and Jean D’Amour, Minister for Maritime Affairs and Minister responsible for the Bas-Saint-Laurent region, will make an important announcement on maritime development. They will be accompanied by Rémi Massé, Member of Parliament for Avignon-La Mitis-Matane-Matapédia and Jérôme Landry, Mayor of the City of Matane.
- 10:00 am Thunder Bay, ON – Don Rusnak, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Indigenous Services and Member of Parliament for Thunder Bay—Rainy River, will be joined by the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, and Member of Parliament for Thunder Bay—Superior North, at Confederation College in Thunder Bay on August 8, 2018, to make a FedNor announcement in support of technology, innovation, and skills training in the region. The announcement will be made on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor.
- 10:00 am Bouchette, PQ – William Amos, Member of Parliament for Pontiac, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne will attend an infrastructure event along with Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Stéphanie Vallée, Member of the National Assembly for Gatineau, Minister of Justice and Minister Responsible for the Outaouais Region, on behalf of Julie Boulet, Minister of Tourism and Minister Responsible for the Mauricie Region; and Gilles Bastien, Mayor of Couchette.
- 10:00 am Toronto, ON – As part of his two-day trip to the Greater Toronto Area, the Honourable Pablo Rodriguez, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will making a funding announcement at Koerner Hall.
- 11:30 Hillsborough, NB – Alaina Lockhart, Member of Parliament for Fundy Royal, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities will attend an important infrastructure event along with Cathy Rogers, Regional minister for Greater Moncton and southeastern New Brunswick; and Barry Snider, Mayor of Hillsborough.
- 12:45 pm RIMOUSKI, PQ – The Honorable Marc Garneau, Federal Minister of Transport, and Mr. Jean D’Amour, Minister for Maritime Affairs and Minister responsible for the Bas-Saint-Laurent region, on behalf of M. André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification, will make an important announcement on the Port of Rimouski. They will be accompanied by Mr. Marc Parent, mayor of Rimouski.
- 1:30 pm Winnipeg, MN – Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, will make a funding announcement under the Crime Prevention Action Fund.
- 2:00 pm Toronto, ON – As part of his two-day trip to the Greater Toronto Area, the Honourable Pablo Rodriguez, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will host a meet and greet with the Latino community.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 9:30 a.m. The Prime Minister will attend the Cabinet meeting.
- 2:00 p.m. The Prime Minister will attend Question Period.
- 4:00 p.m. The Prime Minister will make an announcement with Women Deliver and will hold a media availability. The Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, Marie-Claude Bibeau; Women Deliver President and CEO, Katja Iversen; and Ms. Grégoire Trudeau will also deliver remarks.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 17, 2018
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities