Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:00 a.m. – Yellowknife, NWT: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, will make a funding announcement related to the economic security and prosperity of Indigenous women in the Northwest Territories.
- 10:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: Member of Parliament for Ottawa South, the Honourable David McGuinty, on behalf of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make an important funding announcement for projects that will improve the safety of rail transportation across Canada.
- 10:00 a.m. – Lynden, ON: The Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors and Member of Parliament for Hamilton West—Ancaster—Dundas, will be at Greenbelt Microgreens to announce funding towards agricultural jobs for youth.
- 10:50 a.m. – Antigonish, NS: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport will make an announcement on supporting Special Olympics Canada and participation in Special Olympics Medal Ceremony.
- 11:00 a.m. – Saint John, NB: Wayne Long, Member of Parliament for Saint John-Rothesay, and Alaina Lockhart, Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Tourism and Member of Parliament for Fundy-Royal, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, along with the Honourable Bill Fraser, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure and Minister responsible for the Regional Development Corporation, will make a funding announcement to support the 2018 Canada 55+ Games.
- 11:00 a.m. – Mont-Joli, QC: Minister McKenna will be joined by the mayor of Mont-Joli, Martin Soucy, on her tour of the facility. The Maurice Lamontagne Institute is a world-leading French-speaking centre for marine science research. Media representatives can join the Minister, on the tour.
- 11:30 a.m. – Québec City, QC: Joël Lightbound, Member of Parliament for Louis‑Hébert and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Finance, will announce financial support for Retnia Inc., a business in the life sciences sector, for an innovative project.
- 1:00 p.m. – Saint-Basile, NB: René Arseneault, Member of Parliament for Madawaska-Restigouche, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Natural Resources, will announce support for Corruven that will lead to more jobs at the company.
- 1:30 p.m. – Shippagan, NB: An important infrastructure event with Serge Cormier, Member of Parliament for Acadie–Bathurst, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Wilfred Roussel, Minister of Agriculture, Mines and Rural Affairs; and Her Worship Anita Savoie Robichaud, Mayor of the Town of Shippagan.
- 2:00 p.m. – Sheffield, NB: Matt DeCourcey, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Member of Parliament for Fredericton, and Alaina Lockhart, Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Tourism and Member of Parliament for Fundy Royal, on behalf of the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, will make a funding announcement. Parliamentary Secretaries DeCourcey and Lockhart will be joined by the Honourable Stephen Horsman, Deputy Premier of New Brunswick.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 17, 2018
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities