Queen’s Park: Minister’s Schedules and Events
- 12:30 p.m. – Toronto: The Canadian Taxpayers Federation will hold a rally advocating for more pipelines.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto: NDP MPP Joel Harden will discuss his private member’s motion calling on the government to release a plan of action on accessibility in response to the third legislative review of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- 9:30 a.m. – Caroline Mulroney, Attorney General, and Robin Martin, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, will make an announcement on mental health and addictions.
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto: Peter Weltman, Ontario’s Financial Accountability Officer, will release a report — Expenditure Estimates 2019-20: Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care — on the FAO website.
Queen’s Park: Chamber Business
Government Notice of Motion Number 62
Mr. Smith (Bay of Quinte) — That, pursuant to Standing Order 47 and notwithstanding any other Standing Order or Special Order of the House relating to Bill 108, An Act to amend various statutes with respect to housing, other development and various other matters, when the Bill is next called as a Government Order, the Speaker shall put every question necessary to dispose of the Second Reading stage of the Bill without further debate or amendment; and
That at such time the Bill shall be ordered referred to the Standing Committee on Justice Policy; and
That the Standing Committee on Justice Policy be authorized to meet on Friday, May 31, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for public hearings on the Bill; and
That the Clerk of the Committee, in consultation with the Committee Chair, be authorized to arrange the following with regard to Bill 108:
- That the deadline for requests to appear be 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29, 2019; and
- That the Clerk of the Committee provide a list of all interested presenters to each member of the Sub-committee and their designate following the deadline for requests to appear by 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29, 2019; and
- That each member of the Sub-committee or their designate provide the Clerk of the Committee with a prioritized list of presenters to be scheduled, chosen from the list of all interested presenters received by the Clerk, by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29, 2019; and
- That each witness will receive up to six minutes for their presentation followed by fourteen minutes for questioning with two minutes allotted to the Independent Liberal Member and twelve minutes divided equally amongst the recognized parties for questioning; and
That the deadline for filing written submissions be 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31, 2019; and
That the deadline for filing amendments to the Bill with the Clerk of the Committee shall be 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31, 2019; and
That the Standing Committee on Justice Policy shall be authorized to meet on Monday, June 3, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. for clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill; and
That on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 5:30 p.m., those amendments which have not yet been moved shall be deemed to have been moved, and the Chair of the Committee shall interrupt the proceedings and shall, without further debate or amendment, put every question necessary to dispose of all remaining sections of the Bill and any amendments thereto. At this time, the Chair shall allow one 20-minute waiting period pursuant to Standing Order 129(a); and
That the Committee shall report the Bill to the House no later than Tuesday, June 4, 2019. In the event that the Committee fails to report the Bill on that day, the Bill shall be deemed to be passed by the Committee and shall be deemed to be reported to and received by the House; and
That upon receiving the report of the Standing Committee on Justice Policy, the Speaker shall put the question for adoption of the report forthwith, and at such time the Bill shall be ordered for Third Reading, which Order may be called that same day; and
That when the Order for Third Reading of the Bill is called, three hours of debate shall be allotted to the Third Reading stage of the Bill with one hour and 15 minutes allotted to the Government, one hour and 15 minutes allotted to Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition, 20 minutes to the Independent Liberal Members, and 10 minutes allotted to the Independent Green Member.
That notwithstanding Standing Order 81(c), the Bill may be called for Third Reading more than once in the same sessional day; and
That in the event of any division relating to any proceedings on the Bill, the division bell shall be limited to 20 minutes.
Queen’s Park: Committees
9:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. – The Standing Committee on General Government will meet for clause-by-clause consideration of Bill 107, An Act to amend the Highway Traffic Act and various other statutes in respect of transportation-related matters: https://bit.ly/2wlwsDL