Queen’s Park: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto: Mitzie Hunter, Minister of Education, will make an announcement.
Queen’s Park: Bills
Chamber Business starts at 9:00 a.m. today
- Resuming debate on the motion for Second Reading of Bill 96, An Act to enact the Human Trafficking Awareness Day Act, 2017 and the Prevention of and Remedies for Human Trafficking Act.
Queen’s Park: Opposition Day Number 3
- Brown — Whereas, Ontario is the most indebted sub-national government in the world; Whereas, each Ontarian’s share of the debt is over $22,000; Whereas, Ontario now has an astonishing debt load of over $300 billion; Whereas, under the Liberal plan government debt is still growing in Ontario; Whereas, the Financial Accountability Office has said Ontario’s debt will reach $370 billion by 2020; Whereas, current fiscal mismanagement is putting the success of future generations at risk; Therefore, the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, calls upon the government to immediately begin paying down the province’s debt and include, in the 2017 Budget, a long-term plan to get the debt under control. Addressed to the Premier.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – The Standing Committee on Public Accounts will meet pursuant to Standing Order 108 (h) and will meet for the purpose of report writing.
- 12:30 p.m. – The Standing Committee on the Legislative Assembly will meet to consider Bill 87, An Act to implement health measures and measures relating to seniors by enacting, amending or repealing various statutes.