Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Patricia A. Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, and Don Rusnak, Parliamentary Secretary for the Minister of Indigenous Services, on behalf of the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, as they make a funding announcement under the National Crime Prevention Strategy.
- 10:00 a.m. – Wallbrook, NS: The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board, Minister of Digital Government and Member of Parliament for Kings-Hants, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will make an announcement supporting the growth of the wine sector.
- 11:00 a.m. – Calgary, AB: Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, will travel to Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, from August 27 to 31, 2018. During his visit, he will notably meet with Indigenous leaders and industry executives in the province.
- 1:00 p.m. – Kentville, NS: An infrastructure event with the Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board and Member of Parliament for Kings–Hants, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Chuck Porter, Nova Scotia Minister of Municipal Affairs; and Matthew Schurman, Board President, Credit Union Recreational Complex.
- 2:00 p.m. – London, ON: The Honorable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will visit Scholar’s Choice London East to discuss how the Government of Canada is improving the Canada Child Benefit to better help middle class families and those working hard to join the middle class.
- International Trade Diversification Minister Jim Carr will visit Thailand today to promote the growing bilateral trade and investment relationship between Canada and the southeast Asian country. He will then travel to Singapore to meet with government and business leaders as nations move closer to ratification of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership. Carr’s visits will continue until Aug. 30.
- Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is in Ukraine today meeting with the country’s President Petro Poroshenko, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman and Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 1:00 p.m. – Longueuil, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with le Cercle des présidents du Québec and will deliver brief remarks.
- 2:45 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister with meet with the Papineau Youth Council.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 17, 2018
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities