Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:15 a.m. – Ottawa, ON – The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, will make an important announcement about the future leadership of CBC/Radio-Canada.
- 10:00 a.m. – Gatineau, QC – Steven MacKinnon, Member of Parliament for Gatineau and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Public Services and Procurement Canada, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), and Stéphanie Vallée, Minister of Justice, Minister responsible for the Outaouais region and Member for Gatineau, acting on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Deputy Premier, Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy, are inviting you to a press conference on Artist in Residence Distillerie.
- 10:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB – An important announcement with the Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of Natural Resources, on behalf of Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada, to benefit Indigenous communities in Manitoba.
- 10:00 a.m. – Edmonton, AB – An important infrastructure event with the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; and the Honourable Sandra Jansen, Alberta Minister of Infrastructure.
- 11:00 a.m. – Chicoutimi, QC – An important infrastructure announcement with the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and Serge Simard, Member of the National Assembly for Dubuc, on behalf of André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification.
- 11:00 a.m. – North Saanich, BC – The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, will announce a federal investment in Canadian science and innovation.
- 11:30 a.m. – Barrington, NS – Bernadette Jordan, Member of Parliament for South Shore – St. Margarets, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will speak at an information session to raise awareness of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP).
- 1:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON – Adam Vaughan, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and Member of Parliament for Spadina-Fort York, will make a crime prevention funding announcement. Parliamentary Secretary Vaughan will make this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, and will be joined by Julie Dzerowicz, Member of Parliament for Davenport.
- 2:30 p.m. – Shelburne, NS – Bernadette Jordan, Member of Parliament for South Shore – St. Margarets, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will celebrate the completed upgrades and the unveiling of a commemorative plaque for the renovated Shelburne Association Supporting Inclusion facility.
- Washington D.C. – The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, will be in Washington, D.C., to meet with her U.S counterpart, as well as U.S. business leaders and stakeholders, to discuss the economic imperative to support women entrepreneurs on both sides of our shared border.
- While in Washington, Minister Chagger will join U.S. Small Business Administration officials and business leaders at 1776, a global business incubator, for a conversation about furthering bilateral collaboration to support Canadian and American women business owners.
- Minister Chagger will be also recognized by WeConnect International, joining other supporters of women’s economic empowerment.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- Private meetings
Parliament Hill Calendar: Government Bills (Commons)
- Constituency Week – House Resumes April 16th
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Constituency Week – Committees Resume April 16th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for April 3, 2018 click here