Pathway Group is delighted to welcome Amanda Brodhagen to our team. Brodhagen will be working…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: Minister Garneau will deliver introductory remarks and participate in the Creating the Intelligent and Inclusive Mobility of Tomorrow: From Ambition to Action panel discussion at Movin’On 2017, Michelin’s international summit on urban mobility and sustainable transportation.
- 9:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend the Cabinet meeting.
- 10:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: Kevin Lamoureux, Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Government in the House of Commons, will highlight important investments in the Canadian Armed Forces’ Reserve Force, as part of Canada’s new defence policy, at the Minto Armoury.
- 10:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: Stéphane Lauzon, Parliamentary Secretary for Sport and Persons with Disabilities and Member of Parliament (Argenteuil–La Petite-Nation), will present the athletes and artists that will be representing Canada at the 2017 Games of La Francophonie, in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. As head of the Team Canada delegation for these Games, Mr. Lauzon will host this event on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, and the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities. Parliamentary Secretary Lauzon will also take the opportunity to unveil the uniform that members of Team Canada will wear during the Games.
- 10:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: Marc Miller, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will highlight important investments in the Canadian Armed Forces’ Reserve Force, as part of Canada’s new defence policy.
- 10:30 a.m. – New York, NY: The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, will deliver remarks at the 10th session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) at the Headquarters of the United Nations in New York City.
- 11:10 a.m. – Petawawa, ON: Sherry Romanado, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, will meet with families to highlight important investments in the Canadian Armed Forces’ Reserve Force as part of Canada’s new defence policy, at the Military Family Resource Centre.
- 2:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend Question Period. Watch Question Period LIVE
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will speak with members of Canada’s Reserves and the Reserve community, at the Moss Park Armoury about important investments in the Canadian Armed Forces’ Reserve Force as part of Canada’s new defence policy. The Minister will also present the first grant under the Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program (CERP) to York Regional Police.
- 3:00 p.m. – Montreal, QC: Minister Garneau will deliver opening remarks prior to the Securing a Sustainable Energy Future plenary session at the International Economic Forum of the Americas Conference of Montréal.
- 4:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will make an announcement with Women Deliver and will hold a media availability. The Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, Marie-Claude Bibeau; Women Deliver President and CEO, Katja Iversen; and Ms. Grégoire Trudeau will also deliver remarks.
- 6:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Member of Parliament Mona Fortier (Ottawa–Vanier), will make an announcement about the Red Couch Tour, a Canada 150 Signature project. Ms. Fortier will make the announcement on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
Parliament Hill Calendar: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 10:00 a.m. today
Business of Supply
- Opposition Motion – Canadian economy
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-6 (Senate amendments) – An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act
Private Members’ Business
- S-226 (second reading) – Justice for Victims of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Sergei Magnitsky Law)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 8:45 a.m. – FEWO: Economic Security of Women in Canada and Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. – FAAE : Canada’s Development Finance Initiative and Human Rights Situation in South Sudan
- 8:45 a.m. – OGGO: Review of the Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act
- 8:45 a.m. – INAN: Suicide Among Indigenous Peoples and Communities and Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. – FOPO: The Oceans Act’s Marine Protected Areas and Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. –INDU : Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer and Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – AGRI: Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – HESA : Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – LANG: 2016-2017 Annual Report of the Interim Commissioner of Official Languages and Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – PROC: Question of Privilege Regarding the Free Movement of Members within the Parliamentary Precinct and Chief Electoral Officer’s report – Recommendations Following the 42nd General Election
- 11:00 a.m. – TRAN : Aviation Safety
- 12:00 p.m. – ETHI: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Committee Business
- 1:00 p.m. – SDIR: Human Trafficking in South Asia
- 1:15 p.m. – SMEM: Non-votable Items
- 3:30 p.m. – CIIT: Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – NDDN: Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – JUST: Bill C-46 and Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – RNNR: Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – CHPC: Canadian Women and Girls in Sport
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities