Queen’s Park: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Hamilton: Dr. Helena Jaczek, Minister of Community and Social Services, along with Peter Milczyn, Minister Responsible for the Poverty Reduction Strategy, and Ted McMeekin, MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale, will provide an update on Ontario’s Basic Income Pilot.
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto: Older Women’s Network’s “Living in Place” campaign advocates that the Ontario Building Code be changed to require that all new multi-unit residential buildings be universal design. Media Studio, Queen’s Park.
- 9:45 a.m. – Toronto: Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, will be joined by Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and Provincial Overdose Coordinator, to make an announcement.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto: Environmental Commissioner of Ontario to release special report on province’s waste strategy. Media Studio, Queen’s Park.
- 1:30 p.m. – Toronto: Attorney General Yasir Naqvi will be joined by Indira Naidoo-Harris, Minister of Status of Women and Sarah Hobbs Blyth, Executive Director, Planned Parenthood Toronto to make an announcement.
Queen’s Park: Bills
Chamber Business starts at 9:00 a.m. today
- Resuming the debate adjourned on October 3, 2017 on the motion for Second Reading of Bill 142, An Act to amend the Construction Lien Act. Hon. Mr. Naqvi.
- Second Reading of Bill 160, An Act to amend, repeal and enact various Acts in the interest of strengthening quality and accountability for patients. Hon. Mr. Hoskins.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 9:00 a.m. – Standing Committee on Public Accounts will meet pursuant to Standing Order 108 (h)
- 9:30 a.m. – Standing Committee on Public Accounts will meet for the purpose of report writing
- 12:30 p.m. – Standing Committee on Public Accounts will meet for the purpose of report writing
- 3:45 p.m. – Standing Committee on Estimates will meet to review the 2017-2018 Estimates of the Ministry of Energy
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for October 4 2017, click here