Queen’s Park: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 8:10 a.m. – Toronto: Ed Clark, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne’s Business Advisor, will be giving a speech at the Canadian Club where he will provide details on how Ontario is working to bring Amazon’s HQ2 to the province.
- 8:40 a.m. – Toronto: Deb Matthews, Deputy Premier and Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development, Brad Duguid, Minister of Economic Development and Growth, and Reza Moridi, Minister of Research, Innovation and Science, will be available to the media following a speech to the Canadian Club by Ed Clark, Premier’s Business Advisor.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto: Smoke-Free Ontario modernization report authors to brief provincial media on a tobacco control report.
- 8:30 p.m. – Toronto: Premier Wynne to deliver remarks at the Keren Hayesod UIA International Leadership Reunion Closing Dinner alongside Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Queen’s Park: Bills
Chamber Business starts at 9:00 a.m. today
- Resuming the debate adjourned on October 4, 2017 on the motion for Second Reading of Bill 148, An Act to amend the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Labour Relations Act, 1995 and to make related amendments to other Acts.
- Resuming the debate adjourned on October 17, 2017 on the motion for Second Reading of Bill 160, An Act to amend, repeal and enact various Acts in the interest of strengthening quality and accountability for patients.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 9:00 a.m. – The Standing Committee on Public Accounts will meet for the purpose of report writing.
- 3:45 p.m. – The Standing Committee on Estimates will meet to review the 2017–18 Estimates of the Ministry of Energy.
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for October 18 2017, click here