Queen’s Park: Minister’s Schedules and Events
- 8:30 a.m. – Milton: Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation, will be joined by Indira Naidoo-Harris, MPP for Halton, and Mike Wolczyk, Vice President, Corridor Infrastructure, Capital Projects Group, Metrolinx, to make an announcement.
- 9:30 a.m. – Mississauga: Del Duca, Minister of Transportation, will be joined by Bob Delaney, MPP for Mississauga – Streetsville, and Wolczyk, Vice President, Corridor Infrastructure, Capital Projects Group, Metrolinx, to make an announcement.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto: Students representing “WE WANT IN” will be gathering to protest college closures in front of Toronto City Hall. Other students will be protesting at their local campuses.
- 6:00 p.m. – Toronto: The Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, and the Honourable Deb Matthews, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development, will present the 2017 Polanyi Prizes.
- 6:00 p.m. – Toronto: Premier Kathleen Wynne to deliver remarks at a Hindu Heritage Month Reception hosted by the Ontario Liberal Caucus. Queen’s Park.
- 7:30 p.m. – Toronto: Wynne to deliver remarks at the East York Flag Campaign Kickoff.
Queen’s Park: Bills
Chamber Business starts at 9:00 a.m. today
- Second Reading of Bill 175, An Act to implement measures with respect to policing, coroners and forensic laboratories and to enact, amend or repeal certain other statutes and revoke a regulation.
- Government Notice of Motion Number 39
Mr. Naqvi — That, pursuant to Standing Order 47 and notwithstanding any other Standing Order or Special Order of the House relating to Bill 148, An Act to amend the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Labour Relations Act, 1995 and to make related amendments to other Acts, the deadline for filing amendments to the Bill with the Clerk of the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs of the Committee shall be 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 16, 2017; and
On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., those amendments which have not yet been moved shall be deemed to have been moved, and the Chair of the Committee shall interrupt the proceedings and shall, without further debate or amendment, put every question necessary to dispose of all remaining sections of the Bill and any amendments thereto. At this time, the Chair shall allow one 20-minute waiting period pursuant to Standing Order 129(a); and
That the Committee shall report the Bill to the House no later than Monday, November 20, 2017. In the event that the Committee fails to report the Bill on that day, the Bill shall be deemed to be passed by the Committee and shall be deemed to be reported to and received by the House; and
That, upon receiving the report of the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, the Speaker shall put the question for adoption of the report forthwith, and at such time the Bill shall be Ordered for Third Reading, which Order may be called that same day; and
That, when the Order for Third Reading of the Bill is called, 30 minutes of debate shall be allotted to the Third Reading stage of the Bill, apportioned equally among the recognized parties. At the end of this time, the Speaker shall interrupt the proceedings and shall put every question necessary to dispose of this stage of the Bill without further debate or amendment; and
The vote on Third Reading may be deferred pursuant to Standing Order 28(h); and
That, in the case of any division relating to any proceedings on the Bill, the division bell shall be limited to 5 minutes.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 8:30 a.m. – The standing committee for general government will meet to consider Bill 160, An Act to amend, repeal and enact various Acts in the interest of strengthening quality and accountability for patients.
- 9:00 a.m. – The standing committee for public accounts will meet to consider Review of Government Advertising (Chapter 5, 2016 Annual Report of the Office of the Auditor General of Ontario).
- 9:00 a.m. – The standing committee on regulations and private bills will meet as follows: Bill Pr70, An Act to revive Dr. Marchand Optometry Professional Corporation.
- 3:45 p.m. – The standing committee on estimates will meet to review the 2017-2018 Estimates of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.