Queen’s Park: Minister’s Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto: Premier Wynne to participate in a fireside chat and make an announcement at the Women’s Empowerment Summit.
- 9:30 a.m. – Brantford: Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath joins Alex Felsky, Amanda Hosie to discuss the need for universal pharmacare.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto: MPP Yvan Baker to table Private Members’ Bill combatting eating disorders in Ontario.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto: Premier Wynne to attend a Caucus Meeting.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto: Daiene Vernile, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport will be joined by Indira Naidoo-Harris, Minister of Education, and Helena Jaczek, Minister of Health and Long Term Care, to make an announcement.
- 7:00 p.m. – Jerseyville: Premier Wynne to host a town hall meeting.
Queen’s Park: Chamber Business
- Third Reading of Bill 193, An Act to enact Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), 2018 and to amend the Education Act. Hon. Ms. Vernile.
- Second Reading of Bill 194, An Act respecting fairness in procurement.
- Government Notice of Motion Number 63 for allocation of time on Bill 175, An Act to implement measures with respect to policing, coroners and forensic laboratories and to enact, amend or repeal certain other statutes and revoke a regulation.
Opposition Day Number 2
Mr. Fedeli — Whereas, this year 1 in 5 people will experience mental illness; and,
Whereas, of all children who try to access mental health treatment, more than 40% are unable to access the treatment they need; and,
Whereas, there has been a 67% increase in hospitalizations for children with mental health disorders over the last ten years; and,
Whereas, the majority of people treated in an Ontario emergency room after a suicide attempt are not seen by a psychiatrist within six months; and,
Whereas, individuals seeking treatment for mental illness face extensive wait times upwards of 18 months; and,
Whereas, the Liberal government and the NDP refuse to match the $1.9 billion federal transfer for mental health services;
Therefore, the Legislative Assembly of Ontario calls on the government to make the largest investment in Canadian provincial history to help treat and support mental health.
Addressed to the Premier.
- Member for Perth—Wellington (Mr. Pettapiece) (Addressed to the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs) – Horse racing – Ajax Downs.
- Member for Elgin—Middlesex—London (Mr. Yurek) (Addressed to the Attorney General) – PET/CT in Windsor Essex.
Queen’s Park: Committees
- 9:00 a.m. – Standing Committee on Justic Policy will meet for clause-by-clause consideration of Bill 175, An Act to implement measures with respect to policing, coroners and forensic laboratories and to enact, amend or repeal certain other statutes and revoke a regulation.