Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will participate in a panel discussion at the National Angel Capital Organization’s 2018 World Investment Summit.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will announce how the Government of Canada is improving Employment Insurance parental benefits to help promote economic growth and improve the quality of life of families and communities.
- Montreal, QC: The Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of International Trade Diversification, will host meetings with Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade, on September 26and 27, 2018.
- Today Minister Carr will attend a bilateral meeting between with Commissioner Malmström, a plenary meeting of the Comprehensive and Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) Joint Committee and will tour PBSC Urban Solutions.
- New York, NY: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, is attending the United Nations General Assembly. Today Minister Freeland will attend the Global Counterterrorism Forum Ministerial Plenary Meeting, participate in a high-level event on Syria hosted by the European Union, will host a round table discussion featuring the perspectives of women peacekeepers and other women engaged in peace initiatives, and will participate in a Women, Peace and Security Focal Points Network event on the subject of fostering practical action. Lastly, Minister Freeland will attend a dinner of the Informal Network of Women Foreign Ministers.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 8:20 a.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will meet with President of the Republic of Chile Sebastián Piñera and Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern.
- 9:45 a.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will hold a media availability.
- 2:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend Question Period.
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-81 (second reading) – Accessible Canada Act
- C-78 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Divorce Act, the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act and the Garnishment, Attachment and Pension Diversion Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act
Private Members’ Business
- C-369 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Bills of Exchange Act, the Interpretation Act and the Canada Labour Code (National Indigenous Peoples Day)
- C-393 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Canadian Multiculturalism Act (non-application in Quebec)
- 9:00 a.m. – LANG – Action Plan for Official Languages 2018-23: Investing in Our Future
- 9:00 a.m. – TRAN – Canadian Transportation and Logistics Strategy
- 3:30 p.m. – FINA – Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the 2019 Budget
- 3:30 p.m. – FEWO – Barriers Facing Women in Politics
- 3:30 p.m. – JUST – Bill C-75
- 3:30 p.m. – INAN – Long-Term Care on Reserve
- 3:30 p.m. – PACP – Committee Business; Report 4, Replacing Montréal’s Champlain Bridge—Infrastructure Canada; Briefing on the Message of the Auditor General in the 2018 Spring Reports
- 3:30 p.m. – SSEC – Committee Business
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities