Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Tobias Lütke, Founder and CEO of Shopify and Chair of the Digital Industries Economic Strategy Table, will participate in the “How Canada Wins” panel discussion at the Elevate festival in Toronto. The discussion will be moderated by Melissa Sariffodeen, Co-Founder and CEO of Canada Learning Code. This festival session will lead into the opening of the Toronto Stock Exchange live on stage. The Elevate festival is open to the media.
- 10:15 a.m. – Gatineau, QC: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Federal Minister of Health, will announce a new funding initiative to help strengthen mental health supports for Black Canadians.
- 10:15 a.m. – Dunrobin, ON: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, and Karen McCrimmon, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister and Member of Parliament for Kanata-Carleton, will visit areas impacted by the September 21st tornadoes in the region, survey local recovery efforts, and meet with local first responders and volunteers. They will be accompanied by Conrad Sauvé, President and CEO of the Canadian Red Cross, and Jean-Philippe Tizi, Chief of Canadian Operations of the Canadian Red Cross.
- 10:20 a.m. – Orleans, ON: The Honorable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will mark Franco-Ontarian Day by making an important funding announcement for local and regional cultural activities.
- 10:30 a.m. – Richmond Hill, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will discuss how the Government of Canada is providing better support for workers who need to take time off work to care for family members, by improving Employment Insurance benefits.
- 1:15 p.m. – Sc’ianew (Beecher Bay) First Nation, BC: Marc Miller, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, on behalf of the Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Indigenous Services, together with Chief Russ Chipps of the Sc’ianew First Nation, will announce funding for the Spirit Bay Town Centre development.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 8:00 a.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland and Minister of International Trade Diversification Jim Carr will participate in an armchair discussion on Canada’s global outlook, hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations.
- 10:00 a.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will meet with business leaders.
- 11:30 a.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will meet with Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch Shell Ben Van Beurden.
- 1:15 p.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will attend a heads of delegation luncheon hosted by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres.
- 2:30 p.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with President of the Republic of Colombia Iván Duque Márquez.
- 4:00 p.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will deliver opening remarks and participate in the 12 Years to Break Barriers and Leave No Girl Behind: Countdown to 2030 event.
- 5:00 p.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Theresa May, President of Rwanda Paul Kagame and President of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo will host a leaders’ dialogue with African countries on youth employment through innovative financing.
- 6:30 p.m. – New York, NY: The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with President of the Republic of Paraguay Mario Abdo Benítez.
Private Members’ Business
- C-316 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Canada Revenue Agency Act (organ donors)
- 8:45 a.m. – FINA – Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the 2019 Budget
- 8:45 a.m. – AGRI – Advancements of Technology in the Agriculture Industry that can Support Canadian Exports; Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. – HUMA – Experiential Learning and Pathways to Employment for Canadian Youth; Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – CHPC – Remuneration Models for Artists and Creative Industries
- 11:00 a.m. – RNNR – Committee Business; Current State and Future of National Energy Data
- 11:00 a.m. – NDDN – Canada’s Contributions to International Peacekeeping
- 11:00 a.m. – CIIT – Bill C-79, CPTPP
- 11:00 a.m. – ETHI – Breach of Personal Information Involving Cambridge Analytica and Facebook
- 11:00 a.m. – PROC – Bill C-76; Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – JUST – Bill C-75
- 3:30 p.m. – FOPO – Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – ENVI – Election of Chair
- 3:30 p.m. – SCIM – Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – OGGO – Estimates Process
- 3:30 p.m. – SECU – Briefing on the Mandate Letter of the Minister Blair
- 4:30 p.m. – SSEC – Committee Business
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities