Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 8:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend the Cabinet Meeting.
- 10:00 a.m. – La Pocatière, QC: A press conference regarding businesses and organizations in the Kamouraska RCM. The announcement will be made by MP David Lametti.
- 10:20 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister and Ms. Grégoire Trudeau will attend the Installation of the 29th Governor General of Canada. The Prime Minister will also deliver remarks.
- 1:30 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Minister of Health, will announce a new national program that provides PhD graduates with valuable experience working in health services delivery organizations. Prior to the announcement the Minister will tour the Rekai Centre and learn how the Centre is enriching the lives of the residents of this long-term care centre. The Minister will also tour the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute where she will meet with researchers from AGE-WELL NCE (Canada’s Technology & Aging Network) and Toronto Rehab.
- 2:00 p.m. – Trois-Pistoles, QC: A press conference at which MP David Lametti will make an announcement regarding GO Usinage Inc.
- 4:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, will launch Women’s History Month by making an important announcement to advance gender equality in Canada at a celebratory event hosted by Status of Women Canada. This event will also feature a panel discussion with vibrant young women and girls.
- 7:00 p.m. – Gatineau, QC: The Prime Minister will attend a reception for the Installation of the 29th Governor General of Canada.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 2:00 p.m. today
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-48 (second reading) – Oil Tanker Moratorium Act
Private Members’ Business
- S-226 (concurrence at report stage) – Justice for Victims of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Sergei Magnitsky Law)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 1:00 p.m. – SMEM: Non-votable Items
- 3:30 p.m. – NDDN: Election of Vice-Chairs and Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – CIIT: Priorities of Canadian Stakeholders in Bilateral and Trilateral Trade in North America
- 3:30 p.m. – RNNR: Strategic Electricity Inter-ties and Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – HESA: Bill C-45, Cannabis Act
- 3:30 p.m. – JUST: Access to the Justice System
- 3:30 p.m. – CHPC: Systemic Racism and Religious Discrimination
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for October 2, 2017 click here