Pathway Group is delighted to welcome Amanda Brodhagen to our team. Brodhagen will be working…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 10:30 a.m. – Gatineau, QC: Arif Virani, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage, will deliver remarks during the unveiling of the Monument to the Algonquin Chief Tessouat in Gatineau. He will appear on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
- 11:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will announce upcoming changes to Employment Insurance Program’s caregiving, maternity and parental benefits.
- 12:45 a.m. – Moncton, NB: The Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, invited representatives from the fishing and marine transport industries, First Nations of Eastern Canada, scientists and partners to a round table to discuss North Atlantic right whales. Discussions will focus on solutions to reduce interactions between humans and whales, and to protect these animals during their presence in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- 1:05 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: The Prime Minister will participate in a gong ceremony.
- 1:15 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: The Prime Minister will participate in a business roundtable and will deliver remarks.
- 3:15 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: The Prime Minister will deliver brief remarks at Ton Duc Thang University.
- 3:20 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: The Prime Minister will have an armchair discussion with Bloomberg BNA journalist Lien Hoang.
- 4:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will provide opening remarks for Student Energy Carleton’s innovation jam. This is Minister McKenna’s fourth stop on her #ClimateCampus tour inspiring young Canadians to get involved in climate action.
- 5:00 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Prime Minister will meet with the chairman of the Ho Chi Minh People’s Committee.
- 5:30 p.m. – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: The Prime Minister will attend a reception given by the Ambassador of Canada to Vietnam, Ping Kitnikone.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 10:00 a.m. today
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-17 (third reading) – An Act to amend the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act and to make a consequential amendment to another Act
- C-45 (report stage – motions in Group No. 1) – Cannabis Act
Private Members’ Business
· Private Members’ Motions — M-124 – Automated external defibrillators
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 8:45 a.m. – PACP: Report 2, Custom Duties, of the Spring 2017 Reports of the Auditor General of Canada
- 8:45 a.m. – CIMM: Briefing on Resettlement Issues Related To Yezidi Women and Girls
- 8:45 a.m. – FOPO: Bill C-55, An Act to amend the Oceans Act and the Canada Petroleum Resources Act; Committee Business
- 8:45 a.m. – ENVI: Heritage Preservation and Protection in Canada
- 8:45 a.m. – SECU: Supplementary Estimates (B) 2017-18
- 8:45 a.m. – ACVA: Committee Business
- 9:30 a.m. – SREG: Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – FEWO: Economic Security of Women in Canada
- 11:00 a.m. – OGGO: Supplementary Estimates (B) 2017-18
- 11:00 a.m. – PROC: Supplementary Estimates (B) 2017-18; Status of Labour Relations at the Parliamentary Protective Service; Private Members’ Business
- 11:00 a.m. – INDU: Statutory Review of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation; Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer; Committee Business
- 11:00 a.m. – INAN: 2017 Wildfires in First Nations Communities
- 11:00 a.m. – FAAE: Bill C-47
- 1:00 p.m. – SDIR: Human Rights Situation in Somalia
- 3:30 p.m. – AGRI: Climate Change and Water and Soil Conservation Issues
- 3:30 p.m. – HUMA: 2017 Centennial Flame Research Award; Advancing Inclusion and Quality of Life for Canadian Seniors
- 3:30 p.m. – TRAN: Supplementary Estimates (B) 2017-18
- 3:30 p.m. – HESA: Antimicrobial Resistance
- 3:30 p.m. – FINA: Subject Matter of Bill C-63; Committee Business
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for November 9, 2017 click here