Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:00 a.m. – Hamilton, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will deliver remarks on the new details of Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy.
- 9:00 a.m. – Sherbrooke, QC: The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and Member of Parliament for Compton–Stanstead, on behalf of the Minister of Health, will highlight an important investment in health research at the University of Sherbrooke.
- 9:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: Anita Vandenbeld, Member of Parliament for Ottawa West–Nepean, will announce Government of Canada support to Families Canada for its community-based project for social development.
- 10:00 a.m. – Montréal, QC: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister ofSmall Business and Export Promotion, will participate in a Venture capital investment announcement.
- 10:00 a.m. – Saint-Georges, QC: The Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Member of Parliament for Gaspésie–Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Minister of National Revenue, will announce funding for the following companies, all based in the Chaudière-Appalaches region: Komutel, UCB (Mundial Group) and Perreault Plastix.
- 12:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of International Trade Diversification, will highlight the importance of diversifying trade markets during an address at the Toronto Region Board of Trade.
- 2:30 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, accompanied by Valérie Plante, Mayor of the City of Montréal, Emmanuella Lambropoulos, M.P. (Saint-Laurent) and Yolaine Kirlew, Third Vice-President, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, will make a funding announcement regarding women’s democratic participation.
- 5:20 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will provide opening remarks at the mainstage plenary session “Reinventing Retail” at the Fortune Most Powerful Women International Summit.
- 6:15 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will provide remarks at a launch event with the Jeune Chambre de commerce des femmes du Québec.
- 7:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, His Worship Jim Watson, the Mayor of Ottawa, and Glenn Ogden, Acting Director at the Canadian War Museum, will host the annual Candlelight Tribute to honour our country’s fallen heroes and Veterans, and pass the torch of remembrance from Veterans to youth.
- 7:00 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will meet with her European Union (EU) counterpart, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the Commission, Federica Mogherini, for the second annual Canada-EU Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) meeting, in Montréal, Quebec, from November 5-6, 2018. Tonight she will host a working dinner for HRVP Mogherini and the EU delegation.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 1:30 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with Chair of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the Centre d’entreprises et d’innovation de Montréal Hélène Desmarais.
- 2:00 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with Chair of the Board of Transcontinental Inc. Isabelle Marcoux.
- 2:30 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with Chief Executive Officer of Siemens USA Barbara Humpton.
- 3:00 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin Marillyn A. Hewson.
- 3:30 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will meet with Vice President of the European Commission Federica Mogherini.
- 7:15 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will deliver remarks and participate in an armchair discussion at the Most Powerful Women International Summit gala.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
Private Members’ Business
- C-316 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Canada Revenue Agency Act (organ donors)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 3:30 p.m. – FEWO: Shelters and Transition Houses Serving Women and Children Affected by Violence Against Women
- 3:30 p.m. – INDU: Statutory Review of the Copyright Act
- 3:30 p.m. – JUST: Bill C-78 and Committee Business
- 3:30 p.m. – PACP: Report 2, Disposing of Government Surplus Goods and Equipment and Report 1, Building and Implementing the Phoenix Pay System
- 3:30 p.m. – INAN: Northern Infrastructure Projects and Strategies
- 3:30 p.m. – FINA: Subject Matter of Bill C-86
- 3:30 p.m. – FAAE: Situations in Somalia, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo and Committee Business
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities