LONDON, ON, October 14, 2020 – Pathway Group is thrilled to announce the opening of…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:30 a.m. – Scarborough, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, together with the Honourable Mitzie Hunter, Ontario Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development, will announce measures to help more Ontarians gain skills and work experience.
- 3:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be joined by the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, at a special event to honour the recipients of the 2018 Prime Minister’s Awards for Teaching Excellence, Teaching Excellence in STEM and Excellence in Early Childhood Education.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 8:45 a.m. – Gatineau, QC: The Prime Minister will attend the Assembly of First Nations’ Special Chiefs Assembly on Federal Legislation and deliver remarks.
- 10:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend the National Caucus meeting.
- 2:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend Question Period.
- 4:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend the 2018 Prime Minister’s Awards for Teaching Excellence, Teaching Excellence in STEM, and in Early Childhood Education.
- 7:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend a dinner given by Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, to mark the Diamond Jubilee of His Highness the Aga Khan as the 49th Hereditary Imam of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
Private Members’ Business
- C-374 (third reading) – An Act to amend the Historic Sites and Monuments Act (composition of the Board
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-49 (Senate amendments) – Transportation Modernization Act
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 12:00 p.m. – FOPO – Bill C-68, An Act to amend the Fisheries Act and other Acts in consequence
- 3:30 p.m. – FINA – Bill C-74, Budget Implementation Act, 2018, No. 1
- 3:30 p.m. – LANG – Action Plan for Official Languages 2018-23: Investing in Our Future.
- 3:30 p.m. – HUMA – Experiential Learning and Pathways to Employment for Canadian Youth
- 3:30 p.m. – AGRI – Advancements of Technology in the Agriculture Industry that can Support Canadian Exports
- 3:30 p.m. – TRAN – Automated and Connected Vehicles in Canada
- 3:30 p.m. – HESA – Pre-Mixed Drinks Combining High Alcohol, Caffeine, and Sugar Content
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities