Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:45 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, will deliver opening remarks at the National Dementia Conference.
- 9:00 a.m. – Surrey, BC: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will visit the Fraser Valley to highlight the Canada Summer Jobs program and the launch of the summer work period for students.
- 9:30 a.m. – Beresford, NB: Serge Cormier, Member of Parliament for Acadie-Bathurst and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, along with the Honourable Brian Kenny, New Brunswick Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development and MLA for Bathurst-West Beresford, will make a funding announcement for Discovery Drill Manufacturer, towards the development of a new drill prototype.
- 10:00 a.m. – Halifax, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Democratic Institutions and Member of Parliament for Halifax, will make a medical technology funding announcement in Halifax.
- 11:00 a.m. – Twillingate, NL: Scott Simms, Member of Parliament for Coast of Bays-Central-Notre Dame, will announce details regarding the location of a new search and rescue lifeboat station and to provide a technical briefing for media and invited guests on the process to remove the marine pollution threat from the Manolis L shipwreck.
- 11:00 a.m. – Laval, QC: Eva Nassif, Member of Parliament for Vimy, will announce financial support for Mégalak Finition and Lesters Foods.
- 11:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make a funding announcement at the Port of Montréal.
- 11:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: Member of Parliament Robert Falcon-Ouellette will participate in an announcement highlighting the successful first steps of the Class 5 Driver’s Community Ambassador Program.
- 11:00 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: Joyce Murray, Parliamentary Secretary to the President of the Treasury Board and Member of Parliament for Vancouver Quadra, will take part in a Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada plaque unveiling ceremony to commemorate Jewish forestry leader Leon Joseph Koerner. Koerner escaped Nazi-persecution in Czechoslovakia in 1938, creating a legacy in conservation, workplace safety, and public philanthropy in BC.
- 12:15 p.m. – Halifax, NS: The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, will deliver a keynote address and participate in a press conference at Rendez-vous Canada, as well as provide an update on Canada’s New Tourism Vision.
- 1:30 p.m. – Sainte-Flavie, QC: Rémi Massé, Member of Parliament for Avignon–La Mitis–Matane–Matapédia, will announce financial support for the Manoir Belle Plage hotel, the Gaspésiana, Microbrasserie le Naufrageur and the Vieux Moulin.
- 3:30 p.m. – Regina, SK: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, federal Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, on behalf of The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, and the Honourable Jim Reiter, Minister of Health, Province of Saskatchewan, will sign a bilateral agreement.
- 4:00 p.m. – Halifax, NS: The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, will deliver opening remarks at a Halifax Chamber of Commerce round-table session.
- The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will visit Silicon Valley on May 14 and 15. He will showcase Canadian innovation and the Government of Canada’s support for investors, entrepreneurs and skilled talent looking to participate in Canada’s innovation economy.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 6:30 p.m. – Edmonton, AB: The Prime Minister will visit Gurdwara Millwoods.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- Nothing scheduled
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities