Pathway Group is delighted to welcome Amanda Brodhagen to our team. Brodhagen will be working…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: As part of AI Day, a Government of Canada event, the Honourable Jane Philpott, President of the Treasury Board and Minister of Digital Government, will provide opening remarks on how AI technologies have the potential to improve how the government serves Canadian.
- 9:30 a.m. – Caledonia Mountain, NB: Alaina Lockhart, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie and Member of Parliament for Fundy Royal, along with Mike Holland, Provincial Minister of Energy and Resource Development and MLA for Albert, will make a funding announcement for the South Eastern NB Snowmobilers Association Inc.
- 9:30 a.m. – Inuvik, NWT: An important infrastructure event with Michael McLeod, Member of Parliament for Northwest Territories, and Robert C. McLeod, Minister Responsible for the Northwest Territories Power Corporation on behalf of the Honourable Wally Schumann, Northwest Territories Minister of Infrastructure and Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment. Transportation and climate change adaptation will also be highlighted.
- 9:45 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, and local Members of Parliament, will be at Canadian Tire to showcase a climate action initiative related to carbon pollution pricing that will help Canadians reduce their emissions and save money.
- 10:00 a.m. – Fredericton, NB: Matt DeCourcey, Member of Parliament for Fredericton and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, will announce funding toward three new Research and Productivity Council initiatives to stimulate economic growth and meet client demand.
- 10:00 a.m. – Saint-Alexis-des-Monts, QC: The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will announce an investment in an outfitter to support the promotion of winter tourism in the Mauricie region.
- 10:00 a.m. – Saint-Eustache, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will tour and celebrate the inauguration of the new Nova Bus facilities.
- 10:25 a.m. – Toronto, ON: Paul Lefebvre, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Natural Resources, will make an announcement supporting two resource development projects in the Northwest Territories. Wally Schumann, Minister of Infrastructure and Industry, Tourism and Investment, Northwest Territories, will also be in attendance.
- 10:30 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, will announce a significant investment to protect our oceans and coastal communities. The announcement will support the government’s actions to enforce our laws and combat illegal fishing, as well as increase maritime security, patrol marine protected areas and protect endangered whales.
- 10:45 a.m. – Amherst, NS: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, will make a funding announcement to support health-based education. She will be joined by the co-creators of the UpLift program, Dr. Sara Kirk and Dr. Camille Hancock Friesen.
- 11:00 a.m. – Victoria, BC: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will visit the University of Victoria to highlight how the Government of Canada helps youth overcome barriers to employment and develop job skills.
- 11:00 a.m. – Victoria, BC: The Honourable Bill Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction, as he makes a funding announcement to the province of British Columbia under the Initiative to Take Action Against Gun and Gang Violence (ITAAGGV). He will be joined by the Honourable Mike Farnworth, British Columbia Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
- 11:30 a.m. – Halifax, NS: Andy Fillmore, will make a significant announcement that has the potential to transform traditional patient care.
- 11:30 a.m. – Maskinongé, QC: The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will speak to the Chambre de commerce et de l’industrie de la MRC de Maskinongé [French site] about the economic potential of tourism in Canada, including in Mauricie, and will highlight how the sector creates good jobs for middle-class families. She will also discuss Canada’s upcoming federal tourism strategy and respond to questions from the audience.
- 11:45 a.m. – Saint-Eustache, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will meet with local mayors at a roundtable event.
- 12:00 p.m. – Surrey, BC: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will be delivering remarks at two separate events, where he will provide an update on the Innovation and Skills Plan and talk about how Canada is building a nation of innovators.
- 12:40 p.m. – Vancouver, BC: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Minister of International Development, will announce an effort to increase awareness on gender equality, diversity and inclusion in the lead up to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, which will take place from June 3 to 6, 2019.
- 2:00 p.m. – Amherst, NS: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, will tour Amherst Regional High School’s Youth Health Centre.
- 2:15 p.m. – Montreal, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will meet with la Société de développement Angus.
- 3:45 p.m. – Anjou, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will visit Enviroplast factory.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- 9:20 a.m. – The Prime Minister and Minister of Veterans Affairs Lawrence MacAulay will meet with Premier of Prince Edward Island Wade MacLauchlan.
- 10:50 a.m. – The Prime Minister and Minister of Veterans Affairs Lawrence MacAulay will visit with employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs Canada.
- 12:15 p.m. – The Prime Minister and Minister of Veterans Affairs Lawrence MacAulay will tour BioVectra Inc. and make a jobs announcement. A media availability will follow.
- 4:15 p.m. – The Prime Minister will visit with a Mississauga family to highlight the Climate Action Incentive payment.
- The House will resume on Monday, March 18th
- Committee meetings will resume on Monday, March 18th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for March 4 2019, click here