Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:30 a.m. – Calgary, AB: The Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Intergovernmental and Northern Affairs and Internal Trade, will deliver remarks at the 19th Annual Arctic Oil and Gas Symposium.
- 9:00 a.m. – Dartmouth, NS: An important announcement with the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, and Chief Leroy Denny of Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey.
- 9:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport, will announce new initiatives related to gender equity in sport.
- 9:15 a.m. – Kelowna, BC: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, as he makes a funding announcement under the Search and Rescue New Initiatives Fund (SAR NIF). He will be joined by Stephen Fuhr, Member of Parliament for Kelowna–Lake Country.
- 10:00 a.m. – Waterloo, ON: The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons, on behalf of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will be making an important announcement about connected vehicles in the transportation system at ESCRYPT.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: Minister of Finance Bill Morneau will be available for a pre-budget photo opportunity.
- 10:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, will announce funding for clean technology projects for Alberta’s oil and gas sector.
- 10:00 a.m. – Hamilton, ON: Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will highlight an investment in health research at McMaster University.
- 10:30 a.m. – Montreal, QC: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will participate in an armchair discussion with the co-chair of Canada’s Advisory Council on Climate Action, Steven Guilbeault. Mr. Guilbeault will share recommendations, on behalf of the Council, on how to further reduce emissions from the transportation and building sectors.
- 11:00 a.m. – Membertou, NS: Rodger Cuzner, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour and Member of Parliament for Cape Breton – Canso, will make an official announcement supporting winter tourism in Cape Breton.
- 11:00 a.m. – Saint John, NB: The Member of Parliament for Saint John-Rothesay, Wayne Long, will announce investments in coastal research initiatives in New Brunswick.
- 11:00 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: Member of Parliament for South Surrey–White Rock, Gordie Hogg, will make an energy efficiency announcement at Simon Fraser University.
- 11:30 a.m. – Kleinburg, ON: The Honorable Pablo Rodriguez, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, will tour the McMichael Canadian Art Collection.
- 11:30 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport, will be at the University of Manitoba to celebrate funding for research infrastructure and equipment at universities and research hospitals across Canada through the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI).
- 12:10 p.m. – Vernon, BC: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, will make a National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS) announcement.
- 1:00 p.m. – Kitchener, ON: The Honourable Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will be in Kitchener to meet with entrepreneurs to share how the federal government is helping them start up, scale up, and access new markets.
- 2:30 p.m. – Charlottetown, PEI: Sean Casey, Member of Parliament for Charlottetown and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, will visit the University of Prince Edward Island to highlight an investment in health research.
- 3:30 p.m. – Montreal, QC: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will hold a press conference with Quebec’s Minister of Environment and the Fight against Climate Change, Benoit Charette, and the Mayor of Montréal, Valérie Plante, to make an important nature announcement.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- The House will resume on Monday, March 18th
- Committee meetings will resume on Monday, March 18th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Parliament Hill Calendar for March 13 2019, click here