LONDON, ON, October 14, 2020 – Pathway Group is thrilled to announce the opening of…
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will visit the O-Train Belfast Yard Maintenance and Storage Facility and will make an announcement.
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, and the Honourable Indira Naidoo-Harris, Minister of the Status of Women and Minister Responsible for Early Years and Child Care for Ontario, will make an announcement regarding Early Learning and Child Care.
- 9:00 a.m. – Richmond Hill, ON: An important infrastructure announcement with the Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Health and Member of Parliament for Markham-Stouffville, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Steven Del Duca, Ontario Minister of Transportation; and Wayne Emmerson, York Region Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto, ON: Minister of Democratic Institutions, the Honourable Karina Gould, and the Chief of the Communications Security Establishment, Ms. Greta Bossenmaier, will be holding a news conference to discuss an assessment of cyber threats to Canada’s democratic process.
- 10:00 a.m. – Victoria, BC: Dan Ruimy, Member of Parliament (Pitt Meadows–Maple Ridge), will announce investments from the Canada 150 Fund and Celebrate Canada program for organizations on Vancouver Island. He will make this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
- 10:15 a.m. – Dartmouth, NS: The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board, will make an announcement on behalf of Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna, on next steps in the Government of Canada’s work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and grow a clean economy.
- 11:00 a.m. – Sudbury, ON: Paul Lefebvre, Member of Parliament for Sudbury, will be at the Lake Laurentian Nature Chalet on Friday, June 16, 2017, to make an important infrastructure announcement on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor. The FedNor announcement will support the rehabilitation, renovation and expansion of recreational infrastructure in the community.
- 11:30 a.m. – Miami, FL: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will hold a media teleconference from Miami, Florida, following her participation in the Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America.
- 12:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will speak at the Canada 2020 Conference.
- 1:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with the Prime Minister of Belgium, Charles Michel.
- 2:00 p.m. – Victoria, BC: On behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, Dan Ruimy, Member of Parliament (Pitt Meadows–Maple Ridge), will announce support for Victoria’s arts and culture sector.
- 2:15 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will hold a joint media availability with the Prime Minister of Belgium, Charles Michel.
- 2:30 p.m. – Mount Pearl, NL: Seamus O’Regan, Member of Parliament for St. John’s South-Mount Pearl, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will announce major investments in innovation under the Atlantic Innovation Fund. MP O’Regan will be joined by the Honourable Cathy Bennett, provincial Minister of Finance, on behalf of the Honourable Christopher Mitchelmore, provincial Minister of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation and Minister Responsible for the Research & Development Corporation.
Parliament Hill Calendar: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 10:00 a.m. today
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-49 (second reading) – Transportation Modernization Act
Private Members’ Business
- C-211 (second reading) – Federal Framework on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Act
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities