Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:30 a.m. – Vaughan, ON: An important infrastructure event with Deborah Schulte, Member of Parliament for King—Vaughan, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Steven Del Duca, Ontario Minister of Transportation and Member of Provincial Parliament for Vaughan, on behalf of the Honourable Bob Chiarelli, Ontario Minister of Infrastructure; and the Honourable Maurizio Bevilacqua, Mayor of the City of Vaughan.
- 10:00 a.m. – Halifax, NS: Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Democratic Institutions and Member of Parliament for Halifax, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make a funding announcement in Halifax.
- 10:00 a.m. – Curve Lake, ON: The Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs, joined by the Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women and Member of Parliament for Peterborough-Kawartha, will announce funding for a school feasibility study in Curve Lake, Ontario. This study will identify the best approach to ensure that the First Nation has the highest quality learning environment for its youth.
- 10:10 a.m. – Kenora, ON: The Prime Minister will participate in a boat tour of Lake of the Woods.
- 11:00 a.m. – Etobicoke, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for FedDev Ontario, the regional development agency for southern Ontario, will make an announcement in support of community infrastructure for the City of Toronto.
- 11:15 a.m. – Kenora, ON: The Prime Minister will attend a community BBQ and will deliver brief remarks.
- 11:30 a.m. – Member of Parliament Andy Fillmore, on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr, will be at Dalhousie University in Halifax to make a clean energy announcement.
- 1:00 p.m. – Sherbrooke, QC: The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, and David Lametti, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will make a funding announcement. This funding, which is allocated through Sustainable Development Technology Canada, will support early-stage innovation in the clean technology sector.
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will outline the Government of Canada’s vision for how big data analytics will drive innovation, resulting in better jobs, skills and business opportunities for Canadians. Anil Arora, Chief Statistician of Canada, will outline Statistics Canada’s role in a data-driven economy and society. They will deliver their remarks at a gathering of business leaders and data scientists hosted by Environics Analytics, a leading provider of business intelligence in the data-services sector.
- 4:00 p.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Prime Minister will meet with the Mayor of Winnipeg, Brian Bowman.
- 7:00 p.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Prime Minister and the Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, Carla Qualtrough, will take part in the Canada Games Opening Ceremonies.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities