skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 8:00 a.m. – Fatima, QC: The Minister of Canadian Heritage will meet with representatives from the region’s cultural and business sectors, as well as from the English-speaking community. Breakfast meeting with the Board of Directors of the Magdalen Islands’ Chamber of Commerce.
- 10:00 a.m. – Pilot Butte, SK: An important infrastructure announcement with the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, Don McMorris, MLA for Indian Head-Milestone, on behalf of the Honourable Donna Harpauer, Minister of Government Relations, and Her Worship Peggy Chorney, Mayor of the Town of Pilot Butte.
- 10:00 a.m. – Saint-Georges, QC: An important infrastructure announcement with Joël Lightbound, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Health, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; and Paul Busque, Member of the National Assembly for Beauce-Sud.
- 10:00 a.m. – Sault Ste. Marie, ON: An important infrastructure event with Terry Sheehan, Member of Parliament for Sault Ste. Marie, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and his Worship Christian Provenzano, Mayor of Sault Ste. Marie.
- 10:00 a.m. – Havre-Aubert, QC: The Minister of Canadian Heritage will meet with representatives from the region’s cultural and business sectors, as well as from the English-speaking community. Visit to Au Vieux Treuil, regional broadcaster of performing arts in the Magdalen Islands.
- 10:30 a.m. – Havre-Aubert, QC: The Minister of Canadian Heritage will meet with representatives from the region’s cultural and business sectors, as well as from the English-speaking community. Roundtable discussion with people from the arts and culture sector of the Magdalen Islands.
- 11:00 a.m. – Red Bay, NL: Yvonne Jones, Member of Parliament for Labrador and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs, on behalf of the Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Minister responsible for Parks Canada, Catherine McKenna, will make an announcement regarding new Parks Canada’s infrastructure investments in Red Bay National Historic Site.
- 11:00 a.m. – Ministers Island, NB: Karen Ludwig, Member of Parliament for New Brunswick Southwest, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, and the Honourable John Ames, Minister of Tourism, Heritage and Culture, will make a funding announcement for the Van Horne Estate on Ministers Island on Monday, July 17, 2017.
- 2:00 p.m. – Fatima, QC: The Minister of Canadian Heritage will meet with representatives from the region’s cultural and business sectors, as well as from the English-speaking community. Meeting with representatives from the Council for Anglophone Magdalen Islanders (CAMI) and other representatives of the local English-speaking community.
- Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science, will be the first Minister of Science to meet with scientists who are actively monitoring the impacts of climate change in Canada’s most northern regions such as Resolute, Nunavut. During her trip, which takes place from July 17 to 21, the Minister will also tour projects supported by Natural Resources Canada’s Polar Continental Shelf Program. This program supports Arctic science through advice and coordination that facilitate scientific research across the Canadian Arctic. In addition to witnessing the impacts of climate change in Canada’s Arctic during her visit, the Minister will have the opportunity to advance her support for northern research programs—programs that provide the evidence necessary to inform policy decisions about fragile northern environments and ecosystems. The Minister of Science will also encourage the use of Indigenous knowledge in research programs because diversity and equity in science benefits all people.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations