Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:00 a.m. – Rimouski, QC: The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will visit tourism exhibits and engage with regional tourism and travel industry experts. The Minister will also deliver remarks on the economic potential of tourism in Canada, including in Rimouski, and highlight how this sector creates good jobs to support middle-class families. In addition, she will talk about Canada’s upcoming federal tourism strategy.
- 8:30 a.m. – Mississauga, ON: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will participate in a Fireside Chat with Mississauga Board of Trade where she will highlight the government’s reduced small business tax rate and other support that helps small businesses start up, scale up and access new markets.
- 9:00 a.m. – Clermont, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, will announce funding for two businesses: Menaud and Canadian Carbon Group.
- 9:00 a.m. – Calgary, AB: The Honourable Kent Hehr, Member of Parliament for Calgary Centre, will make a funding announcement for Waterton Lakes National Park.
- 9:30 a.m. – Davos, Switzerland: While at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will meet with Rajeev Suri, Chief Executive Officer of Nokia to discuss their commitment to Canada and Canadian workers.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will visit with My Better Living, which has benefitted from Government of Canada funding for seniors.
- 10:00 a.m. – Sydney, NS: The Honourable Mark Eyking, Member of Parliament for Sydney–Victoria, along with Rodger Cuzner, Member of Parliament for Cape Breton–Canso, will make an announcement regarding the Canadian Coast Guard College.
- 10:00 a.m. – Duncan, BC: The Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, and the Honourable Katrine Conroy, British Columbia Minister of Children and Family Development, alongside Chief William Seymour of the Cowichan Tribes to sign a Tripartite Letter of Understanding (LOU) on Child and Family Services Reform.
- 10:30 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: Minister of Indigenous Services, Seamus O’Regan, along with the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, Dwight Ball, will announce funding from the Government of Canada’s Low Carbon Economy Fund for provincial programs that support climate action and energy efficiency.
- 10:30 a.m. – Rimouski, QC: The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, will be at Université du Québec à Rimouski to celebrate the completion of an infrastructure project supported through the Post-Secondary Institutions Strategic Investment Fund.
- 11:00 a.m. – Vaughan, ON: The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, will participate in a Fireside Chat with Vaughan Small Businesses where she will highlight the government’s reduced small business tax rate and other support that helps small businesses start up, scale up and access new markets.
- 11:00 a.m. – Scarborough, ON: The Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Seniors, will visit with Tendercare Living Centre, which has benefitted from Government of Canada funding for seniors.
- 11:00 a.m. – Windsor, ON: Kate Young, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Public Services and Procurement and Accessibility, will announce Government of Canada support to help Canadians in Southwestern Ontario with disabilities find jobs.
- 12:00 p.m. – Flatrock, NL: An important infrastructure event with Nick Whalen, Member of Parliament for St. John’s East, the Honourable Bernard Davis, Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour and MHA for Virginia Waters-Pleasantville; and Darrin Thorne, Mayor of Flatrock.
- 12:00 p.m. – Edmonton, AB: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, is meeting with his provincial and territorial counterparts to discuss shared priorities in emergency management in Canada.
- 12:15 p.m. – Charlottetown, PEI: Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, will be speaking at the annual general meeting of the Prince Edward Island Federation of Agriculture and will be announcing an important investment in Atlantic Canada’s grains and oilseeds sector.
- 1:00 p.m. – Kanata, ON: Karen McCrimmon, Member of Parliament for Kanata–Carleton, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will announce an important investment through the Strategic Innovation Fund.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 12:30 p.m. – The Prime Minister will deliver remarks at a luncheon hosted by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec, and participate in a Q&A.
- 3:00 p.m. – The Prime Minister will visit with members of the Quebec City Muslim community at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until January 28, 2019.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing schedule
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities