Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Guelph, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will announce a significant investment under the government’s Strategic Innovation Fund.This investment will support a large number of middle-class jobs in Ontario as well as innovation in Canada’s automotive industry.
- 9:30 a.m. – Tracadie, NB: Serge Cormier, Member of Parliament for Acadie ̶ Bathurst will make an electric vehicle infrastructure announcement on Monday. Mr. Cormier will be joined by Serge Rousselle, New Brunswick’s Minister of Environment and Local Government, and Gaétan Thomas, NB Power’s President and CEO.
- 10:00 a.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will make an announcement about how the Government of Canada will help Indigenous people find and keep good jobs. Don Rusnak, Parliamentary Secretary and Member of Parliament for Thunder Bay – Rainy River, will join the Minister for the announcement.
- 11:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honorable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Member of Parliament (Ottawa Centre), on behalf of the Honorable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, will take part in a press conference to announce the program for the 40th edition of Winterlude. Minister McKenna will be accompanied by Jim Watson, Mayor of Ottawa, and Louise Boudrias, Deputy Mayor, Ville de Gatineau.
- 11:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: Robert-Falcon Ouellette, Member of Parliament for Winnipeg Centre, will take part in a Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada plaque unveiling ceremony to commemorate the Metropolitan Theatre.
- 1:00 p.m. – Windsor, NS: An important infrastructure event with Minister Scott Brison, Member of Parliament for Kings–Hants, and President of the Treasury Board.
- 1:00 p.m. – Halifax, NS: Parliamentary Secretary Andy Fillmore will attend the the Government of Canada’s leaders’ debates consultations.
- 1:00 p.m. – Vermilion, AB: An important infrastructure event with the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Brian Mason, Alberta Minister of Transportation; Her Worship, Caroline McAuley, Mayor of Vermilion; and Soren Odegard, Director of the Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties for District 5 (Edmonton East).
- 2:30 p.m. – Iqaluit, NU: The Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs, will announce a partnership with the City of Iqaluit and Qulliq Energy Corporation to support renewable energy in the city.
- The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, will co-host the Vancouver Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Security and Stability on the Korean Peninsula with the Honourable Rex Tillerson, United States Secretary of State, on January 15 and 16, 2018, at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- Private Meetings
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business and Committees
- The House of Commons has risen and will return January 29, 2018
Parliament Hill: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for January 9, 2018 click here