Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:00 a.m. – Bedford, NS: Darrell Samson, Member of Parliament for Sackville-Preston-Chezzetcook, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will make an announcement regarding VineView’s innovative data analytics tools for the wine industry
- 10:00 a.m. – Edmonton, AB: Randy Boissonnault, Member of Parliament (Edmonton Centre), will announce funding for the Theatre Network Society.
- 10:00 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: Member of Parliament for Vancouver South and Minister of National Defence, the Honourable Harjit Singh Sajjan, on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr, will announce funding under the Green Municipal Fund, a key program of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, for municipal initiatives that will benefit Canada’s environment.
- 11:00 a.m. – Rankin Reserve: Terry Sheehan, Member of Parliament for Sault Ste. Marie, will make an announcement regarding information technology modernization in Batchewana First Nation, on behalf of the Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Indigenous Services.
- 1:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Minister Petitpas Taylor will be joined by MP Julie Dabrusin (Toronto – Danforth), Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and Yves Savoie, Chief Executive Officer, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, to make an announcement about Canada’s Healthy Eating Strategy.
- 6:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Member of Parliament (Ottawa Centre), will speak at the Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival Opening Ceremony.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 8:15 a.m. – San Francisco, California: The Prime Minister will meet with the Governor of California, Jerry Brown.
- 9:00 a.m. – San Francisco, California: The Prime Minister will meet with the Lieutenant Governor of California, Gavin Newsom.
- 6:15 p.m. – Simi Valley, California – The Prime Minister will deliver an address at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Government Bills (Commons)
Private Members’ Business
- C-371 (second reading) – Prevention of Radicalization through Foreign Funding Act
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-50 (third reading) – An Act to amend the Canada Elections Act (political financing)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for February 9, 2018 click here