Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: Minister Petitpas Taylor will participate in the global launch of the UNAIDS Report on HIV.
- 10:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: Minister Petitpas Taylor will deliver brief remarks at the World AIDS Day Flag Raising Ceremony, hosted by the AIDS Committee of Ottawa.
- 10:00 a.m. – Granby, QC: Member of Parliament for Shefford, Pierre Breton, will make an announcement on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr. Mr. Breton will be joined by Pascal Bonin, Mayor of the City of Granby, and Edgar Rouleau, Mayor of the City of Dorval and a member of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities Board of Directors.
- 10:30 a.m. – Truro, NS: Member of Parliament (Cumberland-Colchester) Bill Casey, speaking on behalf of Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay, will address the annual meeting of the Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture and announce an investment to help Nova Scotia farmers better manage risks in their sector and grow their businesses.
- 11:45 a.m. – Toronto, ON: On behalf of the Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Federal Minister of Health, Bill Blair, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada and to the Minister of Health, will provide remarks at the AIDS Committee of Toronto’s Together Towards Zero luncheon on World AIDS Day.
- 1:00 p.m. – Churchill, MB: The Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of Natural Resources Canada, will speak to support measures to benefit food security, scientific research and education, as well as economic development in northern Manitoba.
- 1:30 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, as he makes a crime prevention funding announcement.
- 3:30 p.m. – Calgary, AB: Lieutenant-General (Retired) the Honourable Andrew Leslie, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs (Canada-U.S. Relations), will host a town hall meeting on NAFTA modernization.
- 3:45 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will make an announcement on moving forward on the protection of the Great Lakes.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- Personal day
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 10:00 a.m. today
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-63 (third reading) – Budget Implementation Act, 2017, No. 2
Private Members’ Business
- C-378 (second reading) – An Act to amend the Department of Veterans Affairs Act (fairness principles)
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing scheduled for today
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for December 1, 2017 click here