Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:30 am GASPÉ, QUEBEC — The Honorable Marc Garneau, Federal Minister of Transport, the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Federal Minister of National Revenue and Member of Parliament for Gaspésie—Les-Îles-de-La-Madeleine, and Jean D’Amour, Minister for Maritime Affairs and Minister responsible for the Bas-Saint-Laurent region, on behalf of André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification, will make an announcement on the Port of Gaspé. They will be accompanied by Daniel Côté, Mayor of the City of Gaspé.
- 10:00 am Vancouver, B.C. Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will make an announcement about the contract awards under the IDEaS Program first call for proposals. Joining Minister Sajjan for the announcement will be Rear-Admiral Jennifer Bennett representing the Commander of Military Personnel Command, Lieutenant-General Charles Lamar.
- 11:00 am Penobsquis, NB –Alaina Lockhart, Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Tourism and Member of Parliament for Fundy Royal, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make a funding announcement for Timberparts Ltd.
- 12:30 pm GASPÉ, QUÉBEC — The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will be joined by the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue and Member of Parliament for Gaspésie–Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine, and Daniel Côté, Mayor of Gaspé, for an announcement concerning funding for safety improvements at the Michel-Pouliot Gaspé Airport.
- 1:30 pm Val-des-Monts, Quebec William Amos, Member of Parliament for Pontiac will make an infrastructure announcement on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and Stéphanie Vallée, Member of the National Assembly for Gatineau, Minister of Justice and Minister Responsible for the Outaouais Region, on behalf of Marie Montpetit, Minister of Culture and Communications, and Minister Responsible for the Protection and Promotion of the French Language.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 11:00 a.m. The Prime Minister will attend the funeral of Paul Gérin-Lajoie.
- 2:20 p.m. The Prime Minister will tour MDA Corporation.
- 3:35 p.m. The Prime Minister will tour the Côte-Vertu construction site.
- 7:00 p.m. The Prime Minister will attend the Montréal Italian Week Festival and deliver remarks.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 17, 2018
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities