Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:00 a.m. – Charlottetown, PEI: Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Member of Parliament for Charlottetown, Sean Casey, will be in Prince Edward Island as part of the Growing Canadian Agriculture tour to meet with farmers and agribusinesses and hear their ideas on creating new growth opportunities for the sector. The Minister will be at Cows Creamery to announce a multimillion dollar investment in dairy processing.
- 11:30 a.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will announce how the Government of Canada will help apprentices gain the skills and training they need to succeed. Minister Hajdu will be joined by the Honourable Harjit Singh Sajjan, Minister of National Defence, and Don Rusnak, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Indigenous Services and Member of Parliament for Thunder Bay–Rainy River.
- 12:30 p.m. – Halifax, NS: On behalf of the Minister of Health, the Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board and the Honourable Randy Delorey, Minister of Health and Wellness for Nova Scotia will sign a bilateral agreement.
- The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will travel to Kitchener and Guelph tomorrow to meet with local representatives who are taking climate action to protect the environment and grow the economy. Minister McKenna will highlight actions the Government of Canada is taking—in collaboration with clean-tech businesses—to protect the environment, grow the economy and build a more sustainable future for generations to come.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 2:30 p.m. The Prime Minister will speak with the Premiers of Canada’s provinces and territories regarding ongoing NAFTA negotiations.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Chamber Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 17, 2018
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Nothing Scheduled
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities