Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 10:00 a.m. – Geraldton, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, and Member of Parliament for Thunder Bay—Superior North, will make an important announcement in support of business development and growth related to funding from FedNor, the Government of Canada’s economic development organization for Northern Ontario. The announcement will be made on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor.
- 10:00 a.m. – Hébertville, QC: A press conference in Hébertville on communities from the Lac-Saint-Jean-Est MRC. The announcement will be made by David Lametti, Member of Parliament for LaSalle—Émard—Verdun and Parliamentary Secretary to the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Sciences and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED).
- 10:15 a.m. – Nanaimo, BC: A site tour of the Greater Nanaimo Pollution Control Centre with the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Doug Routley, MLA for Nanaimo-North Cowichan; and Bill Veenhof, Chair of the Regional District of Nanaimo.
- 10:45 a.m. – Burnaby, BC: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada, will make an announcement tomorrow at Loop Energy Inc. about a plan for building a better Canada by investing in regional innovation and development.
- 11:00 a.m. – Montague, PEI: The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and MP for Cardigan, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will join representatives from six community groups in Southern Kings County PEI to announce funding through the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.
- 11:00 a.m. – St. Andrews, MB: As part of the annual Treaty No.1 Commemoration event, Parks Canada will be unveiling its Legacy Flag Installation at Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site to honour the making of Treaty No. 1 at Lower Fort Garry nearly 150 years ago. The Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of Natural Resources and Member of Parliament for Winnipeg South Centre, on behalf of the Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Minister responsible for Parks Canada, the Honourable Catherine McKenna, will take part in the flag raising ceremony along with Loretta Ross, Commissioner of the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba and the representatives from each of the Treaty No. 1 First Nations.
- 12:00 p.m. – Moncton, NB: The Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, will be available to comment on recent deaths of North Atlantic Right Whales.
- 1:30 p.m. – St. John’s, NL: Member of Parliament Seamus O’Regan (St. John’s South –Mount Pearl), will make a funding announcement about a Canada 150 project Canada, It’s Complicated. Mr. O’Regan will make this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
- To view Queen’s Park calendar for August 2, 2017 click here