Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will participate in a commemorative ceremony in honour of the 75th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid.
- 10:00 a.m. – Beechville, NS: Bernadette Jordan, Member of Parliament for South Shore – St. Margarets, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will be in Beechville to make a funding announcement.
- 10:00 a.m. – Edmonton, AB: The Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities and Member of Parliament (Edmonton Mill Woods), will make an announcement about the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues. Minister Sohi will make this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
- 12:00 p.m. – L’Anse-à-Beaufils, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of International Trade, and the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue, will discuss opportunities arising from the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement.
- 2:00 p.m. – Saint-Zotique, QC: A press conference regarding four community projects in the Montérégie region. Peter Schiefke, Member of Parliament for Vaudreuil–Soulanges and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister (Youth), acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), will make the announcement.
- 2:00 p.m. – Sherbrooke, QC: The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, and Lieutenant-General (Retired) Andrew Leslie, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs (Canada-U.S. Relations), will host a town hall meeting on NAFTA modernization, followed by a round-table consultation with representatives from the dairy sector, on Tuesday, August 22, 2017, in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The town hall meeting is open to the public.
- Cologne, Germany: Sean Casey, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage, will travel to Cologne, from August 21-23, to attend Gamescom 2017, the second largest video game conference in the world. Over 350,000 visitors from across the world will be in attendance this year with Canada participating as the partner country. During his visit, Parliamentary Secretary Casey will highlight the importance of Canada’s role in the gaming industry, connect with creators and industry leaders, and deliver remarks at the launch of the Canada Pavilion. Parliamentary Secretary Casey will attend this event on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for August 22, 2017 click here