Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 9:15 a.m. – Sherbrooke, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of International Trade, and the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, will discuss opportunities arising from the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement.
- 10:00 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: Nick Whalen, Member of Parliament for St. John’s East, on behalf of the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, will make a crime prevention funding announcement.
- 10:00 a.m. – Quebec, QC: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, will make an announcement about how the Government of Canada will help give local youth the tools they need to find and keep good jobs. The announcement is being made on behalf of the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
- 10:30 a.m. – Brampton, ON: Ramesh Sangha, the Member of Parliament for Brampton Centre, on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr, will make an electric vehicle infrastructure announcement in Brampton, Ontario. A media availability will follow the announcement.
- 10:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: On behalf of the Acting Minister of Public Services and Procurement Jim Carr, Parliamentary Secretary Steven MacKinnon, will make an important announcement regarding the Royal Canadian Navy and Canada’s marine sector.
- 10:30 a.m. – Vernon, BC: An important event to benefit community infrastructure with the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada.
- 11:30 a.m. – Dartmouth, NS: The Honourable Jim Carr, Acting Minister of Public Services and Procurement, will make an important announcement regarding the Royal Canadian Navy and Canada’s marine sector.
- 11:30 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, will meet with representatives of Canadian businesses, civil societies, and Indigenous groups to discuss Canada’s objectives for North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations pertaining to environment and climate change.
- 1:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women will be making an important announcement regarding the Government of Canada’s commitment to providing young women with meaningful leadership opportunities.
- 2:00 p.m. – Kelowna, BC: An important announcement to benefit community infrastructure with the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for August 17, 2017 click here