Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 9:30 a.m. – Moncton, NB: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Minister of Health and Member of Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, and the Honourable Cathy Rogers, Minister of Finance, Minister responsible for Literacy and Regional minister for Greater Moncton and southeastern New Brunswick, will make a funding announcement for Dovico Software Inc.
- 10:00 a.m. – Membertou, NS: The Honourable Mark Eyking, Member of Parliament for Sydney-Victoria, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make a funding announcement in Membertou.
- 10:00 a.m. – Regina, SK: An important announcement with the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada.
- 11:00 a.m. – St. John’s, NL: The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Member of Parliament for St. John’s South-Mount Pearl, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make an announcement related to the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. Minister O’Regan will be joined by Ken McDonald, Member of Parliament for Avalon.
- 11:00 a.m. – Calgary, AB: Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will make an announcement about a new national program to support Canada’s defence and security. Following the announcement, Minister Sajjan will be joined Rear-Admiral Darren Hawco, Chief Force Development, Ms. Isabelle Desmartis, Assistant Deputy Minister (Science and Technology), and Kelly Ogle, President, Canadian Global Affairs Institute, for a Q&A panel with media.
- 11:10 a.m. – Summerside, PEI: Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay, will speak at the 65th annual general meeting of Amalgamated Dairies Limited and announce a major investment in dairy processing.
- 12:30 p.m. – Thunder Bay, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister for FedNor, and the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will make an important Government of Canada announcement in support of jobs, growth and prosperity across Northern Ontario. Following the announcement, Ministers Bains and Hajdu will participate in a Q&A session with students at Lakehead University. The Ministers will discuss steps that the Government of Canada is taking to leverage Canadian talent, develop the workforce of the future, and create growth and prosperity in Northern Ontario.
- 2:00 p.m. – Montréal, QC: Pablo Rodriguez, Member of Parliament for Honoré-Mercier and Chief Government Whip, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; and André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification; along with Nicolas Di Orio, Member of Parliament for Saint-Léonard-Saint-Michel; Filomena Rotiroti, Member of the National Assembly for Jeanne-Mance-Viger; and Valérie Plante, Mayor of Montréal, invite media representatives to a public transit announcement in Montréal.
- 3:00 p.m. – Givenchy-en-Gohelle, France: A Government of Canada ceremony to mark Vimy Ridge Day at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial in the Pas-de-Calais, France. On behalf of the Government of Canada, John Desrosiers, Director, European Operations will join M. Jean-François Raffy, sous-préfet of Lens and representative of the French Republic; members of the Canadian Armed Forces; Veterans; military representatives from other countries; and Canadian and French citizens to pay tribute to all who have served their countries in times of war, conflict and peace.
- New York NY: Canada’s Minister of Environment and Climate Change, the Honourable Catherine McKenna, and Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr, will travel to New York next week for the 2018 Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit (BNEF).
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 2:00 p.m. – Montréal, QC: The Prime Minister will make an announcement with the Premier of Quebec, Philippe Couillard.
- 5:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will meet with the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, Dwight Ball.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Government Bills (Commons)
- Constituency Week – House Resumes April 16th
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Constituency Week – Committees Resume April 16th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for April 9, 2018 click here