Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 8:20 a.m. – Toronto, ON: Minister McKenna will be joined by the Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne, to announce a joint initiative that focuses on housing, retrofits and building practices to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- 9:00 a.m. – Morrisburg, ON: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will announce how the Government of Canada is helping apprentices gain the skills and training they need to succeed.
- 10:00 a.m. – Chester, NS: Bernadette Jordan, Member of Parliament for South Shore – St. Margarets, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will make a funding announcement in Chester to support clean technology.
- 10:00 a.m. – Sault Ste. Marie, ON: Terry Sheehan, Member of Parliament for Sault Ste Marie, on behalf of the Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, will make a funding announcement regarding the Sea Lamprey Control Program and the Great Lakes Fishery Commission.
- 10:00 a.m. – Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NFLD: An important infrastructure event with Yvonne Jones, Member of Parliament for Labrador, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador; and Bert Pomeroy, Deputy Mayor of Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
- 11:00 a.m. – Petit-Rocher, NB: An important infrastructure event with Serge Cormier, Member of Parliament for Acadie–Bathurst, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; the Honourable Serge Rousselle, Minister of Environment and Local Government; and Mylène Ouellet-LeBlanc, President of the Comité permanent de développement du Juvénat.
- 11:00 a.m. – Cobalt, ON: Anthony Rota, Member of Parliament for Nipissing–Timiskaming, will be at the Cobalt Mining Museum to announce FedNor support to accelerate economic and clean growth in the region.
- 12:30 p.m. – London, ON: Member of Parliament, Peter Fragiskatos (London North Centre), will be at the National Poultry Show, to make a funding announcement in support of the Canadian poultry industry.
- 1:30 p.m. – Winnipeg, MB: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will participate in a Q&A session with the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce.
- 2:00 p.m. – La Pocatière, QC: The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will join Yves Desjardins-Siciliano, President and Chief Executive Officer of VIA Rail Canada, for an important announcement.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
- 1:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- 2:40 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will hold a joint media availability with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- 3:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will deliver remarks at the Labour-7 Consultation.
Parliament Hill Calendar: Government Bills (Commons)
- Constituency Week – House Resumes April 16th
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Constituency Week – Committees Resume April 16th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for April 4, 2018 click here