skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Parliament Hill Calendar: House of Commons Business
- Constituency Break – House will Resume May 1
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Constituency Break – Committee Meetings will Resume May 1
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will be in Malaysia from April 24 to April 26 following his visit to India. During this trip, Minister Sajjan will meet with Malaysia’s Minister of National Defence and the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- 7:00 a.m. – Berlin, Germany: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will participate in a keynote panel discussion on scaling up women’s entrepreneurship, at the Women20 Summit.
- 9:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Health, will provide remarks at the Opening Ceremony of the World Association for Disaster and Emergency Medicine Congress 2017.
- 9:00 a.m. – Kitchener, ON: The Prime Minister will visit Vidyard and will participate in a Q&A with employees.
- 9:30 a.m. – San Francisco, CA: Minister Joly meets with executives at Facebook, where she will conduct a Facebook Live session, and hosts a meet-and-greet with Canadian expatriates working at Facebook.
- 9:30 a.m. – Toronto, ON: Rob Oliphant, Member of Parliament for Don Valley West, will make an announcement on behalf of the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour and the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities.
- 10:00 a.m. – Laval, QC: Eva Nassif, Member of Parliament for Vimy, on behalf of the Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, invites the media to a news conference where she will announce financial support for Bio-K Plus International Inc. to enable the company to increase its export sales.
- 11:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will be at École de technologie supérieure to announce post-secondary infrastructure funding.
- 12:00 p.m. – Detroit, Michigan: The President of the Treasury Board, the Honourable Scott Brison, will attend the Great Lakes Economic Forum in Detroit, Michigan, to promote economic and regulatory cooperation between Canada and the United States.
- 12:30 p.m. – Kitchener, ON: The Prime Minister will meet with the Business Council of Canada.
- 1:00 p.m. – Trent Hills, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women and Member of Parliament for Peterborough‒Kawartha, along with Kim Rudd, Member of Parliament for Northumberland‒Peterborough South, on behalf of Public Services and Procurement Canada, will make an announcement regarding the Trent-Severn Waterway Federal Infrastructure Investment Program in Ontario.
- 1:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr and Diane Lebouthillier, Canada’s Minister of National Revenue, will respond to the decision by the U.S. Department of Commerce on the duties imposed on softwood lumber.
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: Adam Vaughan, Member of Parliament for Spadina-Fort York, will announce a significant Government of Canada investment to A Way Home: Working Together to End Youth Homelessness in Canada. The announcement is being made on behalf of the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
- 2:00 p.m. – Wheatley, PEI: Agriculture and Agri-food Minister, Lawrence MacAulay, and Wayne Easter, Member of Parliament for Malpeque, will make an announcement to help create green jobs for youth in the agriculture and agri-food sector.
- 2:15 p.m. – San Francisco, CA: Minister Joly meets with executives at Google, and hosts a meet-and-greet with Canadian expatriates working at Google.
- 2:30 p.m. – Guelph, ON: The Prime Minister will tour the Frank Hasenfratz Centre of Excellence in Manufacturing