Parliament Hill Calendar: Events and Ministers’ Schedules
- 10:00 a.m. – Charlottetown, PEI: Sean Casey, Member of Parliament for Charlottetown, will announce how the Government of Canada is helping post-secondary students get new student work placements in their field of study.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Bill Morneau, Minister of Finance and Member of Parliament for Toronto Centre, will announce how the Government of Canada is helping post-secondary students get new student work placements in their field of study.
- 10:00 a.m. – Mississauga, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will participate in a Fireside chat at the MedTech Conference
- 10:00 a.m. – Edmonton, AB: The Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, on behalf of the Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, will be at the University of Alberta to announce funding for research equipment at the institution.
- 10:30 a.m. – Halifax, NS: Andy Fillmore, Member of Parliament for Halifax, will announce how the Government of Canada is helping post-secondary students get new student work placements in their field of study.
- 11:00 a.m. – Dorval, QC: David Lametti, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development will announce a significant investment under the government’s Strategic Innovation Fund. Anju Dhillon, Member of Parliament for Dorval–Lachine–LaSalle, will also speak at the event.
- 11:00 a.m. – Winnipeg, MB: Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will participate in an event with Treaty One First Nations Chiefs Dennis Meeches, Long Plain First Nation; Jim Bear, Brokenhead Ojibway Nation; Glenn Hudson, Peguis First Nation; Craig Alexander, Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation; Derrick Henderson, Sagkeeng First Nation; Lance Roulette, Sandy Bay First Nation; and Francine Meeches, Swan Lake First Nation, on the future of the Kapyong Barracks.
- 11:30 a.m. – Burnaby, BC: On behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, Arif Virani, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage (Multiculturalism), will announce support for the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre.
- 12:00 p.m. – Yelloknife, NWT: Michael McLeod, Member of Parliament for Northwest Territories and the Honourable Glen Abernethy, Minister of Health and Social Services for the Northwest Territories, will announce funding for Indigenous mental wellness teams in Northwest Territories.
- 1:30 p.m. – Coles Island, NB: The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make a funding announcement that will improve Coles Island’s transportation system and trade corridors.
- 1:30 p.m. – St-Ubalde, QC: Jean-Claude Poissant, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, will announce federal investment in the potato processing sector.
- 2:00 p.m. – Tracadie Cross, PEI: The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Member of Parliament (Cardigan), will make a funding announcement about the Glenaladale Heritage Trust.
- 2:00 p.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, will announce an investment supporting the development of cutting-edge clean technology.
- 2:15 p.m. – Dartmouth, NS: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, federal Minister of Health, will announce funding for community-based projects promoting healthy lifestyles.
- 4:00 p.m. – Saint John, NB: The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make a funding announcement for the Saint John Airport.
- 6:00 p.m. – Quebec City, QC: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and Member of Parliament (Québec), will take part in the opening ceremony of the Salon international du livre de Québec.
- Iqaluit, NU: Kim Rudd, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Natural Resources, will participate in the 21st annual Nunavut Mining Symposium. The Symposium brings together leaders — from government, industry, regulatory agencies, non-governmental organizations, Indigenous peoples and northern communities — to discuss mining and resource development issues of importance to the North and all of Canada.
- Vancouver, BC: Arif Virani, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage (Multiculturalism), is in British Columbia from April 9 to 12 to promote the Indigenous Language Initiative. He will also address the Canadian Museums Association Annual Conference and announce funding for the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre.
Prime Minister’s Itinerary
Parliament Hill Calendar: Government Bills (Commons)
- Constituency Week – House Resumes April 16th
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- Constituency Week – Committees Resume April 16th
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- Joint Committees
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations
To view Queen’s Park calendar for April 11, 2018 click here