Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 8:30 a.m. – Trois-Rivières, QC: The Government of Quebec and the Government of Canada are inviting you to a press conference regarding support for Économie du savoir Mauricie.
- 8:30 a.m. – Vancouver, BC: The Honourable Jane Philpott, Federal Minister of Health, will be delivering opening remarks at the 2017 National Health Leadership Conference.
- 8:45 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development; and Rodger Cuzner, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will participate in a fireside discussion about Canada’s Global Skills Strategy. The strategy enables Canadian companies to more quickly and easily recruit highly skilled, in-demand talent from around the world. The ministers and PS Cuzner will discuss how the strategy will create Canadian jobs and drive economic growth.
- 9:00 a.m. – Montreal, QC: Finance Minister Bill Morneau will be a guest speaker at the Conference of Montréal, where he will take part in the global economy panel.
- 9:30 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will participate in the Signing of the Assembly of First Nations-Canada Memorandum of Understanding on Joint Priorities.
- 9:30 a.m. – Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC: Jean-Claude Poissant, Parliamentary Seretary to the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, and Member of Parliament Francis Scarpaleggia (Lac-Saint-Louis), will be at McGill University’s Macdonald Campus to announce a major investment that will enable the university to conduct research on greenhouse gas mitigation in agriculture.
- 9:30 a.m. – Borden, ON: Sherry Romanado, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, will meet with military families to highlight the importance of people as part of Canada’s new defence policy at the Military Family Resource Centre.
- 10:00 a.m. – Halifax, NS: Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan will highlight investments in capabilities and support for the Royal Canadian Navy, as part of Canada’s new defence policy, Strong, Secure, Engaged.
- 10:15 a.m. – Montreal, QC: The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will hold a media availability following her speech on Canada’s foreign policy priorities at the Conference of Montreal.
- 10:30 a.m. – Kelowna, BC: Stephen Fuhr, Member of Parliament for Kelowna—Lake Country, will highlight important investments in the Canadian Armed Forces’ Reserve Force, as part of Canada’s new defence policy, at The British Columbia Dragoons’ Armoury.
- 11:00 a.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister of Status of Women, along with Ms. Mona Fortier, Member of Parliament for Ottawa — Vanier will make an important announcement that will advance gender equality – for the next 150 years and beyond. The announcement will be followed by a dynamic panel of leading voices from the Ottawa area. The Honourable Maryam Monsef, MP Mona Fortier, and other event participants will be available to media and for a photo opportunity following the announcement.
- 11:00 a.m. – Italy, Bologna: Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, is participating today and tomorrow in the G7 Environment Ministers’ Meeting in Bologna, Italy, where she is promoting Canadian climate leadership to advance global sustainability.
- 1:00 p.m. – Windsor, ON: An important infrastructure event with Kate Young, Member of Parliament for London West, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; and Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens.
- 1:15 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, and the Honourable Doug Currie, Prince Edward Island Minister of Education, Early Learning and Culture, will co-chair a meeting of Federal–Provincial/Territorial Ministers responsible for Early Learning and Child Care.
- 1:30 p.m. – Trois-Rivières, QC: The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of International Trade, will announce infrastructure funding and to highlight the benefits of the Post-Secondary Institutions Strategic Investment Fund.
- 2:00 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will attend Question period.
- 6:30 p.m. – Ottawa, ON: The Prime Minister will deliver brief remarks at the World Wildlife Fund Healthy Waters Summit Reception.
Parliament Hill Calendar: House of Commons Business
Chamber Business starts at 11:00 a.m. today
Private Members’ Business
Government Bills (Commons)
- C-24 (second reading – amendment) – An Act to amend the Salaries Act and to make a consequential amendment to the Financial Administration Act
- C-44 (third reading) – Budget Implementation Act, 2017, No. 1
- C-6 (Senate amendments) – An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
- 1:00 p.m. – SDIR: Briefing on the Human Rights Situation in Mauritania
- 3:30 p.m. – SECU: Subject Matter of Supplementary Estimates (A) 2017-18
- 3:30 p.m. – FINA: Consumer Protection and Oversight in Relation to Schedule I Banks
- 3:30 p.m. – CIMM: Immigration Consultants
- 3:30 p.m. – ENVI: Subject Matter of Supplementary Estimates (A) 2017-18 and A Review of The Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- 3:30 p.m. – ACVA: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Among Veterans
- 6:00 p.m. – INAN: Suicide Among Indigenous Peoples and Communities
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities