skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Parliament Hill Calendar: Ministers’ Schedules and Events
- 8:30 a.m. – Whistler, BC: The Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, will make an announcement about summer job opportunities for students in Whistler.
- 9:30 a.m. – London, ON: The Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Health, will be visiting Western University to highlight important health research projects happening there.
- 10:00 a.m. – Parkland County, AB: An important infrastructure announcement with the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and Councillor Russ Graff, Chairperson of the Capital Region Parkland Water Services Commission.
- 10:00 a.m. – Toronto, ON: The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Minister of Small Business and Tourism, will deliver remarks at the HLB International Tax and Audit & Financial Reporting Conference. The Minister’s remarks will focus on how the Government of Canada is creating an environment where small and medium-sized enterprises can thrive.
- 10:00 a.m. – Wellington, ON: Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay, and Ontario Minister of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs, Jeff Leal, will be at the Elora Beef Research Centre to announce expansion of the centre and new research.
- 10:00 a.m. – Longueuil, QC: An important infrastructure announcement with Sherry Romanado, Member of Parliament for Longueuil‒Charles-LeMoyne, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Nicolas Ménard, Chair of the Quebec Government Caucus, on behalf of Laurent Lessard, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transportation Electrification; and Colette Éthier, Chair of the Board of Directors for the Réseau de transports de Longueuil (RTL) and representative of Caroline St-Hilaire, Mayor of Longueuil.
- 10:30 a.m. – Dieppe, NB: The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Finance, will meet with Canadian Armed Forces Members and their families to provide details on what’s in Budget 2017 to assist Canada’s Veterans and their families.
- 11:00 a.m. – Steady Brook, NL: Gudie Hutchings, Member of Parliament for Long Range Mountains, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), will make a funding announcement related to tourism development in the Town of Steady Brook. MP Hutchings will be joined by MHA Scott Reid at the event.
- 11:00 a.m. – New Haven, PEI: The Honourable Wayne Easter, MP for Malpeque, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister Responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will join representatives from nine community groups in Central PEI to announce funding through the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.
- 12:00 p.m. – Halifax, NS: Andy Fillmore, Member of Parliament for Halifax, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, will make a funding announcement in Halifax.
- 7:00 p.m. – Hamburg, Germany: The Prime Minister and Ms. Grégoire Trudeau will attend the Global Citizen Festival Hamburg. The Prime Minister will deliver remarks.
Parliament Hill: House of Commons Business
- The House is adjourned until Monday, September 18, 2017
Parliament Hill Calendar: Committees
List of Committees of the House of Commons
- ACVA Veterans Affairs
- AGRI Agriculture and Agri-Food
- CHPC Canadian Heritage
- CIIT International Trade
- CIMM Citizenship and Immigration
- ENVI Environment and Sustainable Development
- ERRE Electoral Reform
- ESPE Pay Equity
- ETHI Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- FAAE Foreign Affairs and International Development
- FEWO Status of Women
- FINA Finance
- FOPO Fisheries and Oceans
- HESA Health
- HUMA Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- INAN Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- INDU Industry, Science and Technology
- JUST Justice and Human Rights
- LANG Official Languages
- LIAI Liaison
- NDDN National Defence
- OGGO Government Operations and Estimates
- PACP Public Accounts
- PROC Procedure and House Affairs
- RNNR Natural Resources
- SECU Public Safety and National Security
- TRAN Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
- BILI Library of Parliament
- PDAM Physician-Assisted Dying
- REGS Scrutiny of Regulations